Lightning

New forum user, new Lightning owner and a couple of questions!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010 | 12:58 AM
|
New forum user, new Lightning owner and a couple of questions!

Hi all,
Thanks for having me here. Just bought a '94 Lightning truck from the family of a very close friend that recently lost his 10yr battle with cancer and I'm lucky enough to carry on his love of the truck. Super original and hasn't been messed with, white in colour. Now to the questions, if you can help.

1. Lightning decals were all removed shortly after original purchase, to make the truck more of a sleeper. I didnt know till the other day, but the decals are not available through Ford. A buddy here (Roy) suggested that he thinks they are repopped somewhere, by someone. Any idea who/where?

2. I have a wife and 2.5 yr old daughter, so we need to install some kind of middle seat and additional seat belt arrangement. I am competent for the job, but wondered (as an Australian here in the states) if anyone has done this before, so that they could install a baby seat between the two original buckets. Surely there is another model truck or something with a removable center seat that I could retrofit to this truck to make it work? Thoughts and experiences much appreciated!

Cheers.

Old 11-21-2010 | 01:48 AM
your best bedton the seats will be to remove the two buckets and replace it with a bench seat out of a f150 of the same body style...unless of course someone else has a better idea...

keep the seats, and re-install them later down the road when the time to sell comes along.

Old 11-21-2010 | 02:45 PM
Truck of the Month
Lightning decals can be purchased...

and x2 on the bench seat install

Old 11-21-2010 | 02:47 PM
Depending on which state you call home presently, there are several safety laws regarding child seating in any automobile. Be sure and check with the local Department of Motor Vehicles before you decide which way to go with this seat.

In Calfornia, the child's safety seat must be the correct size for the child and attached to a factory seat by the belt mechanism. Dependant on age and size of the child, the baby seat must face the rear.

The suggestion for a bench from another F150 is a good idea, be sure to get the third seat belt hardware with it.

Also, children cannot sit in a front passenger seat that does not have the air bag safety system disengaged. I am not sure if the '94 had air bags.

BTW, welcome aboard and enjoy your new found toy and by all means.

Old 11-22-2010 | 04:13 AM
|
Thanks for the tips, guys. I am quite comfortable on the legislative side of things. Spent most of my working life in the Highway Patrol, so that's a no brainer! I just thought there may be a sure safe way to stick a proper seat between the two super comfy factory seats. Would be a shame to lose those nice buckets to a boring bench!

Old 11-29-2010 | 02:51 PM
bosskraft,

Nice to see another White Gen. 1 Lightning owner on here. There are a few companies that make a reproduction bed and tailgate sticker that are close to, but not actually oem prizmatic in design. Not to take away from the guys and gals on this site but there is a wealth of knowledge at www.nloc.net. Just go and sign up and check out the Gen. 1 Lightning thread. I go by Ranchero 1968 on the NLOC site.

There are an abundance of center jump seat installs using different oem seats. Just do a thread search on center seat install.

Welcome.

Last edited by Blue07STX; 11-29-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply: New forum user, new Lightning owner and a couple of questions!