Lightning

01 lightning will not pass readiness monitors

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010 | 11:53 PM
|
Really? Yeah, the picture doesn`t look right to me at all. It looks like it has a bracket of some sort behind it. But you know what? Your`e right....Best thing to do is shoot him the question on his auction...

Doing it now........Moving over to ebay.................>

Old 12-24-2010 | 12:41 AM
|
Shot him a question on his auction....

This just doesn`t look like a crank pulley at all to me. It looks more like an idler pulley.

Wow....hmmmm. That would be a sweet price though at $30 if its the one I need.

Old 12-24-2010 | 05:51 AM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by jpabs67
Shot him a question on his auction....

This just doesn`t look like a crank pulley at all to me. It looks more like an idler pulley.

Wow....hmmmm. That would be a sweet price though at $30 if its the one I need.

it is the stock crank pulley, the "extra brackets" are the bearing supports

Old 12-24-2010 | 01:45 PM
|
Wow....thanks guys! You have helped me tremendously and saved me quite a few bucks in the process.

Merry X-mas everyone.

Old 12-26-2010 | 03:07 PM
Yup, stock L pulley.
$300. bucks ..hahahahahaha

I know I bought one for 35 long ago.

Phil

Old 12-28-2010 | 12:41 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by jpabs67
Wow....thanks guys! You have helped me tremendously and saved me quite a few bucks in the process

that's why we are here

Old 01-29-2011 | 01:54 AM
Im not trying to steal the thread but I am currently in a similar situation as the OP. i picked up a 2001 lightning about a week ago but the engine is modified substantially more then the one being discussed here. it has a kenne bell charger running ten pounds of boost and a full aeromotive fuel system but has a questionable tune on it right now and its a little to much for me at the moment. would i simply need to run stock boost and maf sensor to be able to re flash the ecu and run it similar to stock?

Old 01-29-2011 | 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by johnrodgers
Im not trying to steal the thread but I am currently in a similar situation as the OP. i picked up a 2001 lightning about a week ago but the engine is modified substantially more then the one being discussed here. it has a kenne bell charger running ten pounds of boost and a full aeromotive fuel system but has a questionable tune on it right now and its a little to much for me at the moment. would i simply need to run stock boost and maf sensor to be able to re flash the ecu and run it similar to stock?
What size injectors are in it?
And what do you mean by (questionable tune)?
You can put a bigger pulley on the blower to turn down the boost a little.

Phil

Old 01-29-2011 | 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by phil6608
What size injectors are in it?
And what do you mean by (questionable tune)?
You can put a bigger pulley on the blower to turn down the boost a little.

Phil
It's tuned extremely rich. When you stab the throttle it essentially rolls coal like a super duty.. Quite emmbaressing to be honest. I'm not positive about the injectors is there anyway to check? I just want this thing to be more streetable it's just a headache on wheels at the moment. I'f I have to I'll part the damn thing out and return all of it to stock .

Old 01-29-2011 | 01:21 PM
Also what is this about no wide open throttle between third and fourth ? Could someone elaborate on this ? Thanks

Old 01-29-2011 | 01:47 PM
If your injectors are green, then you still have the stock 42# injectors in it.
Sound like you just need to get a better tune.
Stock PSI was 8 so your only 2# over that.

You don't want to shift from third to OD wile your WOT. The reason is is very hard on the transmission and you can destroy OD pretty quick that way.

Phil

Old 01-29-2011 | 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by phil6608
If your injectors are green, then you still have the stock 42# injectors in it.
Sound like you just need to get a better tune.
Stock PSI was 8 so your only 2# over that.

You don't want to shift from third to OD wile your WOT. The
reason is is very hard on the transmission and you can
destroy OD pretty quick that

Phil
Thanks for the info Phil. I imagine I'm going to be relying on people in this forum for advice in the next while as I try to get me truck were I want it.

Old 01-29-2011 | 04:01 PM
Truck of the Month
not to mention the 3-4 WOT shift and the WOT 4-2 shift break stock rods

Old 02-02-2011 | 09:21 PM
I'm running into the same problem now in NJ, they're requiring ECM monitors as well (even though I pass a tailpipe test)...

Old 02-04-2011 | 12:44 PM
|
Originally Posted by johnrodgers
What I ended up doing, is I detuned the truck. I replaced the 8lb pulley with a stock pulley, and re-flashed the pcm to stock build.

With the help of the guys on the forum here, I determined I had a stock MAF and stock injectors. The only other mods I can determine the truck has is a cat back ( the cats have been gutted) and a CAI

With that being said, I had 3 monitors (egr, cat, and evap) that had not completed their cycle. The secondary (monitoring 02s) had been snipped at the sensor. So in order for me to pass emmisions here in NW Indiana, I purchased 2 new rear 02s and 2 packs of spark plug non-foulers (this is the Gotts mod mentioned earlier) After doing a pcm re-flash and reset, I drove the L for about a week under the conditions needed to pass the monitors.

When I went to the emissions test site, the only monitor not passed was the evap monitor. I had called IN bmv to see what I needed to pass, and I was told that I could have one incomplete monitor to pass......got my pass and no mil is on, and I`ve driven the truck roughly 400 miles.

So far so good.

Big thanks to Terajerame for his help!

I

Quick Reply: 01 lightning will not pass readiness monitors