Lightning

I need some help on a few things...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001 | 08:22 PM
|
I need some help on a few things...

Okay, well honestly more than a few

I just was wondering if anyone has swapped out their trans fluid with a Mobil 1 Synth or any other brand and do you have the part number. Or name.

I also wanted to know the part number or name for the K&N Filter Replacement/Filtercharger, and the Oil Breather Cap they make and the part number. Also any negative comments on the Breather Cap??

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Old 07-09-2001 | 08:45 PM
twiztid

I have the JDM filter, anf his breather cap. If you get a breather cap you will have to get a chip tuned for the cap so you won't get a code in the computer, causing a check engine light.

Old 07-09-2001 | 08:52 PM
I use Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF, here is a link to the product data sheet:

http://dallnd6.dal.mobil.com/GIS/Mob...b?OpenDocument

I noticed no difference when I installed the k&n panel filter in my stock air box. The K&N part # is: 33-2140

I purchased my breather cap from JDM - I do not have a part #

Old 07-09-2001 | 10:16 PM
Twisted, give Jim a call and he will help you out!! Don C, Brian K told me the same thing about the breather cap and I said "oh well" and drove for three days with it on with no chip or filter kit and didn't see any codes for it. I carried around the oil cap just in case.

Old 07-09-2001 | 10:23 PM
Dont bother with the KN flat panel unless you cut holes inthe airbox. DO a search there are LOTS of threads about what a waste of money the flat panels are. I had one, no difference

Doug

Old 07-09-2001 | 10:34 PM
Hey Twiztid, you saw it for yourself this past weekend, I ran 13.23 with a K&N and a JDM chip only, that is all I had. My goal is to add the lower pulley, the Oval t-body, a re-burned chip and better air than we had this weekend to get into the 12's. I will not change the airbox or filter unless I have to.... wheres my link to your site?? I would love to see the pics your wife took.. thanks.. JJ

Old 07-10-2001 | 02:01 AM
JJ, I think the pulley alone will get you in the 12's, but I was talking with Brian or totaled??and he said he had no gains with the oval T/B.

Old 07-10-2001 | 06:51 AM
Thumbs up

twiztid,
I agree with the others call JDM he has the breather caps and I also wouln't waste your money on a drop in filter. Get the JDM filter kit and you will get gains and the sweet, sweet sound is awesome.

Old 07-10-2001 | 05:15 PM
sweet sweet sound??? nooooobody said nuttin about sweet sounds from a JDM air filter kit...... Now I gotta get one.. jeeez... if I would have known about that, I would have ordered that long ago.. LOL....

I know there are performance gains with a different filter kit, but can you guys please let me try to get into the 12's without one... I want to go to my local track and look totally stock and rip off a 12.90 or so and then have everyone think they do that stock.... that way I can put more fear into people when they see one on the street... After I am solidly in the 12's, I will get JDM's filter kit... but I wanna try it this way first... thanks....

I will keep you all posted as to my results, I hope to get my stuff from Jim next week and then I can get to the track next weekend, anybody wanna go to Capitol on Fri the 20th for T&T??? I hope to make it there with all my new goodies...
Thanks guys.. JJ

Old 07-10-2001 | 05:27 PM
I know there are performance gains with a different filter kit, but can you guys please let me try to get into the 12's without one... I want to go to my local track and look totally stock and rip off a 12.90 or so and then have everyone think they do that stock....
Sounds just like what I want to do... almost. I was gonna get a drop in filter, and make some fresh air/ram air hoses that go into the airbox though. Not completely stock looking.

Quick Reply: I need some help on a few things...