Lightning

blown Eagle F-1 tire!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001 | 03:58 AM
|
Angry blown Eagle F-1 tire!

These are picks of my left back tire on my 2001 L after a blow out. Has this happend to anyone besides me? I was just driveing to the midnight races and only going about 80 when my tire just blooooow uuuuupppp!

The dealer ship has send a photo to Ford and Goodyear to see if i can get a free tire. If i cant then they are only going to make me pay 10% of the cost of a new one. I had just washed my truck hours ago and there was no leak or anything.

Old 07-10-2001 | 05:31 AM
Woh man, that sucks, I have a slow leak in the back passenger side tire, have to fill it up every two weeks!

Old 07-10-2001 | 06:41 AM
Red face

That sucks man, Good thing you wasn't doing 140 or so. This is the first that I have heard about.

Old 07-10-2001 | 07:04 AM
Question just curious...

have you by any chance been running around low on air pressure at all? I only ask because alot of L owners lower their air pressure for drag racing purposes, and I have read a few posts from people who had removed their tires from the rims (for patching and such) and found large amounts of broken down rubber inside the tire coming from the sidewall area I believe. If you raced and didn't raise your air pressure back up for a few days or whatever, I could see where the extra heat created on the sidewall could cause some premature wear. not saying you drove around on flats, but just curious as to what caused this.

later,
chris

Old 07-10-2001 | 05:28 PM
|
never lowered aire pressure

superfords, I have never lowed air pressure. It's how it came from the factory. I only have 2600 miles on my truck. Im trying to drive as little as posible on my spare. I heard it is bad for the deff. if you drive with a spare that is too small for a long time. I guess I will have to be forced to drive the saleen around. LOL

Old 07-10-2001 | 05:37 PM
Angry me too!

Same sorta thing happened to me last week! Pulled out of my hotel (waiting to take possesion of house) and I had a flat in the rear (driver's side). Took it to Goodyear hoping for a fix, yet, I got the "the tred's too low, you're going to have to replace it." I ended up replacing all four tires since they were all low. That was a nice little tab I had to swallow...
But, it's awesome having tred now.

Old 07-10-2001 | 05:53 PM
I had rear drivers side tire do the same thing at 12000 miles. I took to goodyear and was told I was out of luck. I took it to my dealer and screamed that a tire shouldn't seperate that way. They replaced under warranty less $40 for wear.

Old 07-10-2001 | 07:04 PM
For some crazy reason, i don't think you're going to be able to patch that one. sorry about the misfortune, time to call up the tirerack.

Quick Reply: blown Eagle F-1 tire!