Lightning

Jdm, Thanks A Million

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001 | 11:36 AM
|
Talking Jdm, Thanks A Million

JDM,

Just wanted to thank you and great big $#!*load for letting my Dad and I come out and harass you for a good part of the day yesterday and getting the truck hooked up. I felt like a dip$#!* about the fact that that pinging I was hearing was NOT the ping that you hear about on these boards. I've never driven a vehicle with as much pull from anywhere in the RPM range and considering that it's just a chip and filter doing this, it blows my mind what the thing could do with your other parts installed.... Z06 Kiss my @$$!!

I am a firm believer in your products and services and will DEFINITELY do business with you again.

Old 07-10-2001 | 11:44 AM
...can you try to explain what you meant about the ping "you where hearing" was not the same as the ping "you hear about on these boards"? If what you were hearing was not "pinging", what did he say it was then. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most technically savvy when it comes to four wheeled vehicles, and I'm sure a few others on here are the same way. Thanks...

Old 07-10-2001 | 12:03 PM
Wink

It might be like that good/bad cholesterol thing. he thought he had the bad ping, when he actually had the good one, or something.

Old 07-10-2001 | 03:35 PM
|
The "other" ping that I had sounded like when you twist off the cap on a bottle of Pepsi with a metallic reverb sound to it. According to Jim, that sounds is air flutter which is caused by the increase in the intake of air with the 90mm intake kit and the big mouth filter. He says that when the butterflies open in the throttle body (I still have the stock TB) the air gets turbulent just as the butterflies open, which is why I heard it only at throttle tip in. Me not wanting to screw up anything, dissmissed it as "The Ping". Jim burned a testing chip that richen the hell out of the truck to where it was blowing black smoke out the pipes and I could still hear that noise so we ruled out detonation. After that, we went back and burned what Jim called, a "bit more" aggressive chip and no detonation. This truck has a LOT more pull then it did with my Old combination. The only problem with the truck I guess is the owner not knowing what was really going on with it but I guess thats the only way you learn.

Quick Reply: Jdm, Thanks A Million