Lightning

How much for a new bumper cover and...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001 | 12:57 PM
|
How much for a new bumper cover and...

How much for a new bumper cover and is there any way to get one painted from the factory? I did a search and didn't really see any prices other than the cost to get one painted. I broke mine somehow, or someone hit it in a parking lot since I don't recall hitting anything. Any help greatly appreciated.

Later,
Roger

Old 07-11-2001 | 12:42 AM
|
ttt

Old 07-11-2001 | 05:46 AM
Bumper cover is sold as Ford part number 1L3Z-17D957-BB, and comes in primer. List price is $325.83, but if you have a pretty good relationship with your dealer's parts guy you can possibly get it closer to wholesale. I just bought one for $225, but there's a problem. My L is a 2000 model, and this is an 'updated' part covering the '01 models. During the installation, we discovered area behind the fog lights was molded differently, which will result in a clearance (read that 'interference') problem with the '00 fog lights and the supporting brackets. Still scratching our heads regarding what direction to take to achieve 'the fix', but most likely will repair holes in my old cover to remove all traces of that #@$@! tag frame.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-11-2001 | 12:35 PM
|
Thanks for the info QuickFast. Guess I'll have to find someplace to get it painted, hopefully it will be an easy match.

Later,
Roger

Quick Reply: How much for a new bumper cover and...