Lightning

Calling BigD-Traction Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001 | 01:06 PM
|
Calling BigD-Traction Question

Sorry for the delay!

As far as I can tell, I gained about a .10 off of my 60' times with F1's. This will change with further tuning. On my G Tech, I picked up a consistant .3 seconds to 60 mph.

The real advantage that I can see, is that it has made the truck very consistant and predictable. In my two times testing at LACR, the truck ran within .06 of a second on all runs during two different sessions.

I found that if I run them too loose (snubber shorter), they will hit the stock tires too hard. They will hook, then spin. This setting would work better with drag radials or ET streets.

I think if you are racing the truck competitively, the Cal Tracks are probably your best choice. They are more easily adjusted and provide a solid link to the chasis (aluminum bushing in the front spring eye).

The main reason that I built these was ease of installation. There was no disassembly of the rear end required. Also, I use my truck as a daily driver and cover about 800 miles per week. The aluminum front bushing in the spring would wear out quickly if I chose to run cal tracks.

These traction bars also allow me to run hard on the mountain roads . They do not limit the suspension travel too much. I have found that if you don't plant the truck well into the turn, before getting on the gas, they will cause some (get this) power understeer. That takes some getting used to, but can be overcome.

As far as price, I am looking into manufacturing them now. I also have to contact the board about becoming a vendor, as I do not want to abuse my privilege's here.

Old 07-11-2001 | 08:11 AM
Talking

Miss Cleo sees another install for Baby Jake to get busy on for Big D! Miss Cleo doesn't know exactly WHAT is to be installed, but she's usually only half right anyway!

Just give me a call Dwight.

Jake...

Quick Reply: Calling BigD-Traction Question