Lightning

Where to mount alarm siren?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001 | 03:00 PM
|
Question Where to mount alarm siren?

I'm adding an alarm to my truck. I'm just curious to find out where under the hood that others have mounted their sirens. I don't want to have holes left in an obvious place should I decide to sell the truck later.

Thanks,
Edward

Old 07-18-2001 | 03:17 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
I hid mine behind the billet grill.

There's no way to get to it and cut the wires unless you remove the grill/shell Not something a crook can do quickly...

Old 07-18-2001 | 04:38 PM
U should use 2 one under the hood and one under the bed
wired seperately that way if the underhood one is cut ,
the other will keep going and itll be hard to find it under
there.

later

Old 07-18-2001 | 06:34 PM
I just keep the dog in the cab

Old 07-19-2001 | 09:36 AM
I've got one under the hood am looking to get one installed under the dash inside the cab. Hard to try to start a vehicle when the cab is filled with ear-piercing noise! I've also heard of installations where someone place a siren at all four corners of the vehicle and inside the cab. Depends on how much noise you want to make. If you have multiple sirens it makes it harder for the crook to silence them all in a timely manner.

Old 07-19-2001 | 09:48 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
They won't be starting the vehicle, regardless... The keys are chipped.

It's the wheels and tire you have to worry about...

Old 07-19-2001 | 10:59 AM
The best place is as far away from arms reach as possible. Somewhere in your engine complartment. Close to the cab. I used to hang around with some employees from the 5 Finger Discount Barn (Not to proud of it). They will do what ever it takes to shut that thing up. Tampa be carful they may just kick right through the billit to get to it. If it's inside the cab it works good if there inside. On the outside it's kinda muffled. I also recomend getting a second siren and a back up battery. Just in case there able to cut the wires. When it comes down to it know a days. If they want you stuff. An Alram isn't gonna stop them. It may slw then down but there is always a way to get around it. So place it where ever you think would be toghest to get at. I hope this helps. I usally just sleep in the bed of the truck any noise I hear. Just shoot at it. Thats keeps them away.

Old 07-19-2001 | 11:53 AM
I snaked a wire through the loom that runs above the engine along the fire wall. I then mounted the horn behind the battery. You can't even see it or get to the wires very easily but you sure as hell can hear it. Tough getting it in there though. There is a stud on the firewall already that made mounting it easy. The dork who did it at the dealer just hung it under the air filter. Looked real kludged sitting there.

Quick Reply: Where to mount alarm siren?