Lightning

Question for those w/2k L's w/2001 motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001 | 08:53 AM
|
Question Question for those w/2k L's w/2001 motors

Was wondering if anyone with a 2000 lightning and have had their motor replaced with a 2001, did your dealer change the MAF, Computer or anything else? Seems like the problem with my truck is with the MAF, the service guy got codes off the computer, they replaced the MAF with a slightly larger MAF but the truck still behaves the same, boggs down, jerks etc... It's gonna be my fourth time back to the dealer on monday, they dont seem to know what else to do, if any of you who have gone through this can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Old 07-19-2001 | 09:57 AM
Probie, the MAF used on the truck must be matched to the PCM. If your truck is a 2000, and they replaced the motor, you should still be using the stock 80mm MAF and CUX2 computer. If for some strange reason they put in a 2001 CXN1 computer, THEN you need the 90mm 01 MAF. Having a 2001 motor with the 2000 pcm and MAF should not make any difference, the truck should run just as good as it did with the 00 motor. It sounds to me like and electrical issue, either a sensor not plugged in, or a pinched harness somewhere. Nothing mechanical on the 01 motor that is different from the 00 motor will cause this problem. Hope this helps.

Old 07-19-2001 | 10:39 AM
|
That makes sense to me Sal. The dealer is pretty much at a loss on how to fix it since they're not able to pull any codes off it. I'm starting to look at what options I may have because if they cant fix it, I dont want the truck.

Quick Reply: Question for those w/2k L's w/2001 motors