Lightning

'01 Lightning Shock Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001 | 05:44 PM
|
'01 Lightning Shock Mounts

Sorry to invade your area of the message boards, but I had a question no one else seems to know the answer to. On the '01 Lightnings, Ford staggered the rear shocks. Does anyone know if Ford, or Roush, or anyone for that matter, makes a kit that would allow us "regular" F-150 owners to set up our shocks like that? Everyone I have talked to said that set-up really helps keep the rear end from getting so jittery in turns, especially on uneven surfaces. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-19-2001 | 06:04 PM
Jacap1
Since you own a F150 you are still family so I will try to help.

It looks like the uper mount for the shock is just a plate that is screwed into the frame, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The lower mount is the one that might be a problem I would have to look a regular F150 and see how the lower half of the shock is mounted. So you might have to weld a new lower shock mount to the axle.

Old 07-19-2001 | 07:12 PM
Cool

Jacap1,Don c is correct,just order a lightning top shock mount for the passenger side from an svt dealer and either a new lower would have to be mounted or the exsisting lower mount could be moved.I just looked on my 99 off road and the mounts appear to be exactly the same.By the way all gen 2 lightnings have staggered shocks,not just the 01,and at least two have new custom made drag shocks.

Quick Reply: '01 Lightning Shock Mounts