Lightning

Questions on N2O

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001 | 04:53 PM
|
Questions on N2O

I've been slowly making a list of all the stuff im going to do to my little baby so that i can just take her into my friend's shop and do it all in one or two days. But when it came to NOS i had a little problem. I called NX and NOS and they said that they did not recomend NOS for a lightning bc of something with the fuel system . I've seen alot of people in here with 50-75 shots and haven't heard anything bad... just the oragsms you have when you hit it. IS IT SAFE TO RUN I want a wet system so that i can time her better with the flip-chip im going to toss in. Does anyone have an opinon on this? wet or dry? Once this is answered I only have a few more weeks of work to have the money and then i hope to join the rest of you in making the world cry.

For the people that do have the NOS systems in... what brands are you running and what system?

Old 07-24-2001 | 05:03 PM
Wink

They may have told you that because they might be under the impression that the Lightning uses the returnless fuel system like the Mustang does, but it does not.

Here is what you need for the best nitrous system:

Nitrous Express EFI WET system
Nitrous Express Pressure activated bottle heater
NGK TR7 plugs
PSP Billet Nitrous Nozzle Mount plate kit
PSP Nitrous Chip
Any good quality fuel pressure and nitrous pressure gauges

These items will get you what you need. I feel the NX wet kit is the best system out there, and the NX bottle heater blows away any other brand of heater. Some people use the TR6 plugs, but I like the TR7s. NX actually suggests TR8s and 9s, but those foul easy when not on the nitrous. The PSP billet plate kit allows you to mount your nozzle without drilling or tapping any stock parts. Our PSP nitrous chips are the best out there, we have spent many hours on the dyno tuning nitrous trucks, and plenty of track time. A nitrous chip is important, and many places are selling "nitrous chips" but they are just detuned race programs, not programs tuned on actual trucks. You need to be very selective on your nitrous chip, as a poor calibration could result in disaster. And you need the gauges, because you need to know your bottle pressure, and you need to monitor your fuel pressure, to make sure your fuel system is not a weak spot. You can contact us for any nitrous help

Old 07-24-2001 | 06:11 PM
Cool Nitrous

I agree with Sal on what he said 100%.

Old 07-24-2001 | 07:22 PM
I have the NX wet kit. Easy to install. I have the TR9 plugs, I kinda wish I would have got the 7s or 8s. the parts store could only find numbers for the tr9s. I am running the 75 shot. Going to try the 100 this weekend.

Quick Reply: Questions on N2O