Lightning

Fast Gator, this one is for you.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 04:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Fast Gator, this one is for you.

Alright, so you wanted the story

Well, a few weeks ago I was on my way home and it was about 2am. I got onto the highway and there was no traffic except for me and the car that pulled in behind me tailgating. So, I changed lanes, he changed lanes, I changed lanes again, he changed lanes again and put on the ever so familiar to me, red and blues. I pull over, state patrol officer tells me he was pulling me over for weaving...WTF. Okay, so he takes my license and registration. Almost a half hour later the cop comes back and asks me to step out of the truck...nothing good ever comes from those words, boys. So I get out, because the officer had those lights shining into my truck, I was unaware of the 2 other cars that pulled up behind us. So I am standing there with 5 officers who are informing me my license has been revoked since November. Um, okay...I was never told about that. So what now? After a long conversation where I asked them why that information failed to come up a month before then when I got another (yes, another) speeding ticket, or why it didn't come up 2 weeks prior when I was in court for that ticket they said they had no idea. But he believed me and would follow me to a gas station to call somebody to come get the truck. I told him I wasn't about to leave her overnight in a parking lot, he was amused that I called my truck "her". We got to the gas station and I called my brother, no answer, so I am talking to this cop and he says, well, there is another gas station right up the road. I'll be here doing my paper work for another 15 minutes. I took the hint and headed home. By the time I get there it's about 400. I wait up til 8, call the Dept. of revenue. They were so damn rude, didn't know my name, case number, nothing, said the letter of revokation had been sent to my house and that was that. I hung up and called back, talked to a lady who said it was for a ticket in Aug of 00. Some of y'all might remember it because it was for speeding and seatbelt and I got in trouble by some of you for not wearing my belt. Anyhow, I couldn't place the ticket until I was on my way to the Denver County Courthouse and I was thinking I KNOW I have never been to court at this building. Then I realized, I was given the option to send it in. So I did. I got there, and this manly chick tells me she can't find the ticket, but if I want my letter of compliance it will cost me another 133.00. (on top of the 85 it cost me in the first place) So she and I get into it. One thing leads to another and half the cops in the building are in between us. So I pay the money, get the letter and they tell me I have to go out to Lakewood now, to the Dept. of rev, turn the compliance letter in and have them reissue my license. So I get there, stand in line for 45 minutes for them to clear everything and then all of a sudden say because it's my dads name on the insurance they need something from my insurance company with my name and policy number on it. Do you think she could call that damn number for my rep on the back and have him fax it? HELL NO...I had to get out of line, call them, have them send it, get back in line, by which time the heiffer that was helping me and had all my other paperwork had gone to lunch. Finally they get everything straight. Then they charge me another 40.00 to reinstate my license. I take all of that paperwork out to Broomfield, which is the nearest DMV and stand in line for another hour to get pay another 15.00 to get my license reinstated. By the time I got home it was after 6. I went through my old check registers, there is the check, found my bank statement for September, it cleared. I am still waiting on the city of Denver to reimburse me for this whole mess. So...you wanted to hear the story there ya go. Sorry so long.
CA

Old 07-30-2001, 07:35 AM
Your fingers must be smokin' from typing

Old 07-30-2001, 07:41 AM
Did you signal when you changed lanes?
noelvm

Old 07-30-2001, 03:59 PM
Noel. OF COURSE I DID. At least this one wasn't for speeding...
CA

Old 07-30-2001, 04:29 PM
After all that crap and run-around Christie got. I guarantee more than her fingers are smoking.

Old 07-30-2001, 07:01 PM
I think next time I go to Colorado, I better slow down, being from Missouri, I don't wanna have to come back there and pay my ticket! Sounds like you got the run around!

Old 07-30-2001, 07:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dam girl I bet your just as mad now having to go thru the whole story again, sorry I guess when I make it to WFC, I will it my mission to get a "few" drinks in ya I will be workin on getting you one of my "special" cards that I carry that the police seem VERY impressed by! A 95/55 and recently a 53/25 got me a "Drive cafeful sir" instead of a ticket. CA... you got to, ohhh nevermind. Later from the Gator

Last edited by Fast Gator; 07-30-2001 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:53 PM
CA, I wonder if there is a connection why this only happens to you?

Old 07-31-2001, 12:21 AM
Chipper,
I was actually just happy to have my license back. Now I can get the hell outta Dodge and start with a clean slate.

Ronda,
Bypass Colorado at all costs hehehe

Gator,
If you could do that for me I would owe YOU drinks at WFC

CA

Old 07-31-2001, 12:41 AM
CA,
I think you need one of those ATTORNEY ON RATAINER guys. You pay 10-20 dollars a month and anytime you need an attorney you just call. I think you would get your moneys worth.
noelvm

Old 07-31-2001, 12:43 AM
Just what exactly are you trying to say Noel? hehehe just kidding
CA

Old 07-31-2001, 12:49 AM
If you are going to play the game, it helps to have extra game pieces. The opposition has lots of game pieces. Attorneys make excellect extra game pieces for your side. I got a jury trial on my last speeding ticket and they were out for over an hour. They found me guilty, but only fined me $10 instead of $200 and no points. Attorney cost $100. Net gain $90 and three points. I won that round. On to the next one. Great Sport!
noelvm

Old 07-31-2001, 06:10 AM
Well, ya got me. Besides, it sounds cool if you can work the sentence "I have a lawyer on retainer" into a conversation. jk
CA

Old 07-31-2001, 08:00 AM
CA, You might be able to see the problem if you took a law class or something. Ya right, who am I kidding?

Old 07-31-2001, 08:18 AM
I have prepaid legal and when I first got it, I thought...hhhmm...will I ever REALLY use it? THEEEENNNN I bought an L so I think I'll be using it!

Might want to check into that!

Ronda

Quick Reply: Fast Gator, this one is for you.