Lightning

HID Conversion kit, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001 | 08:23 PM
|
HID Conversion kit, any suggestions?

Hi all,

New to the board, just bought a 01 White Lightning. What an amazing truck. Anyway, Want to do a HID Conversion. Anyone have any recommendations for ONLINE retailers. I've tried calling XENONSHOP.COM but I think they went out of business or something. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Oh one more question, I'd be buying type 9007 HID Conversion kit with Ballast, Wireing Harness and HID 9007 light bulbs?

Thanks

Ryan S.

Old 07-30-2001 | 08:25 PM
You could do a search, I have heard some people talking about the HID bulbs getting too hot though.

Old 07-30-2001 | 10:54 PM
www.hidkits.com sells some good gear.

I got a FOCUZ hid kit from Ebay for $480.

Daniel

Old 07-30-2001 | 11:22 PM
|
Cool, I just placed my order, so should get the stuff hopefully by wednesday, just in time for the trucks arrival . I've seen your setup, it looks amazing. I was wondering if you knew if the Factory Ford CD-Changer could be used with an aftermarket deck like an Alpine. I'm thinking of going to a Navigation system but want to keep the CD-Changer if possible, unless going for the Alpine cd=changer wouldn't cost that much more. I dont even know if the FORD changer is really that good. I was sorta disappointed with the stock sound too. Hoping a more powerfull head unit will fix that, not lookin to change speakers for awhile so I hope a bit more power will give some clearer lows and cleaner highs.

Thanks

Ryan S.

Old 07-31-2001 | 03:03 AM
RTS SVT-Post some pic's when you get the HID's. I'm interested in get one for my 01 also. I really like the new Sylvania Xenarc , which includes a new headlamp, but cost about $900 and won't be shipping until end of year.

To keep the factory cd-changer you have to buy an adaptor for it and it costs about $150 to $200. And as for the factory speakers, they pretty much suck, even if you put an amp to run them. I just pull the whole system out and replaced it with a Sony CDX-C90 HU, Xtant 403a amp, Polk DX7's, Cerwin Vega 5x7's, and an A/D/S a12s sub. This system sounds awesome!

-----------------------------

Old 07-31-2001 | 11:44 AM
I picked up my Alpine 6-disc CD chagner off of ebay for a little over $100 bux.

I'm going with a full-tilt Alpine HU system myself: IVA-C800, NVE-852A, G320, and the 6 disc changer, forget the part #.

I've been waiting for HID kits to come out with their adjustable HID ballast, then I'm going to sell off my Focuz ballasts and get theirs.

Daniel

Quick Reply: HID Conversion kit, any suggestions?