Lightning

01 Recall Notice

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 04:57 PM
WDB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 01 Recall Notice

Just recieved a recall notice from Ford about seat belt buckles being defective. It says the red button on the latch might hang up and not return to the top of it's travel. This notice looks like it's for all 01 f-150's not just the Lightning. Anybody else recieve one of these??

Old 07-31-2001, 05:18 PM
Yeah got one the other day and checked mine and they seem to work fine, I inserted the buckle a couple of times both soft and hard and never looked like the picture in the recall.

I am not going to take mine in until I have to for something serious. I don't want some idiot getting grease on my seats or something like that. And I think it said they need it half a day, noway I am leaving my L with the dealer for that long.

My 2 cents
Paul

Old 07-31-2001, 05:22 PM
Thumbs down

I got one of those letters today. Really makes you think, doesn't it. I'm a dedicated Ford enthusiast, but one thing after another just upsets me alot. Recall after recall after recall...What's the deal Ford????????

Old 07-31-2001, 05:33 PM
This is the first recall I have had on my L.

That is not bad, We bought a 2000 focus and man I think they have had something like 12 or 13 recalls on that.

I am knocking on wood that we do not have anywhere near that many.

Paul

Old 07-31-2001, 05:53 PM
well if there werent any recalls, i would only make about half as much per year.

Old 07-31-2001, 06:00 PM
Angry

haven't received one yet, but I will keep my eyes open. seat belts seem to be working fine though!!

Old 07-31-2001, 06:36 PM
Evidently it's not just the F-150. I got one for my Ranger, didn't even know the F-150 was involved.

Old 07-31-2001, 06:37 PM
Probably all fords have the same seat belts

Old 07-31-2001, 07:13 PM
PFA
Recieved one for my 2001 Windstar too.
You would think that after all these years they could at least build seatbelt buckles.

Old 07-31-2001, 07:20 PM
Already had mine checked out last friday and they told me my seatbelts were fine!

Old 07-31-2001, 07:31 PM
Red face just my .02

I am not going to take mine in until I have to for something serious. I don't want some idiot getting grease on my seats or something like that. And I think it said they need it half a day, noway I am leaving my L with the dealer for that long.

Now I know most everybody here would rather avoid going to the dealership if possible, but what exactly is "something serious"? I personally consider having a seatbelt release during a crash and ejecting my skinny *** through the windshield to be "something serious" but that's just me.

As for the recall, it only takes about 4 minutes tops to perform, but if Ford sent you a letter saying that it'll only take 4 minutes then when it took 5 you'd all just have another reason to bitch. the dealer has to get your car into the shop along with hundreds of other customers each day, so they tell you they need it a half a day so you'll be prepared when it takes a while to get your car in there with all the others, and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't take long at all.

you should probably be able to have this recall performed on a wait basis, and honestly, they ought to be able to come out into the service lane and do it while you wait if you are really in such a hurry. that way you never loose sight of your ride, and you can watch the "idiots" to make sure they don't get any grease on it.

all this recall involves is inserting a special tool (which is in high demand and some shops don't even have yet, those that do, probably only have one for all 20 or 30 or however many techs they have) and then trying to remove it by force. if the tool comes out then the seatbelt gets replaced, if not then you are good to go. of course if your belts need replacing then that will take more time, and maybe return appointment for installation of your special ordered part, because this recall does affect several other Ford vehicles in varying seatbelt colors, so I don't know how they are going to handle the stocking of parts situation.

thats all i have to say about that

later,
chris

Old 07-31-2001, 08:07 PM
hey superfords, i did a bunch of the recall tests last week(20 or 30) and they all passed, then yesterday, I had one fail in a expedition, and another tech had 2 fail (f150 and ranger). How many bad ones have you guys seen so far. By the way, we are in a small town, about 35,000 population, and maybe have checked 50 or 60 total vehicles so far.

Old 07-31-2001, 08:13 PM
Lots of recalls

While not having problems is certainly the best option, I'd rather have ford do a recall to fix a problem instead of letting the problem persist without doing anything for two years *ahem - intercooler - ahem*

Quick Reply: 01 Recall Notice