Lightning

Couple Issues remain....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001 | 09:52 AM
|
Exclamation Couple Issues remain....

Thanks to Steve's untiring efforts the site is back. However, a few issues remain. You will see some threads that are incomplete or missing altogether. In some cases you might find the first post of a thread missing but some of the follow ups appear at the top. If you are concerned about the content of a missing thread start another with the same questions.

As Steve mentioned in another thread there may be some remaining instability, so lets be patient as Steve works on the gremlins

Update:
One issue that remains is that the older threads have not been reindexed. Which means the Search only goes back about a week. Once Steve is certain he has other issues licked he will reindex the older threads again.

Thanks
Doug

Last edited by Silver_2000; 08-12-2001 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-07-2001 | 11:17 AM
Old 08-07-2001 | 05:55 PM
Thumbs up

Steve, a big thanks for getting the site backup and running

Old 08-07-2001 | 10:13 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
Steve:

www.webaxxs.net

You can't beat their offerings and services. Cheapest and best by far. I used them for my old site and Raburn uses them for Stangnet.com

Later,

BfB

Old 08-08-2001 | 12:09 AM
F150online
Founder
As Doug noted, there may be a few gremlins still lingering about the server. I have been keeping a close eye on it all day (with the exception of getting out to tonight's Brave's game...how can you pass up free tickets and the 755 Club? )

Bfb, I have heard good things about webaxxs, but F150online grew out of "virtual" hosting a long time ago. The site requires a dedicated server because of its disk usage (over 1GB) and its bandwidth requirements (over 100GB per month). Our dedicated server may need more memory to keep up with the database-oriented nature of the site now. (the forums run with a MySQL database back-end)

If I foresee any downtime, I will do my best to let everyone know about it. Unfortunately, the server flakiness has been so inconsistent I have not been able to pin down its cause...I'll keep looking though.

Steve

Old 08-08-2001 | 01:21 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
Originally posted by webmaster
Bfb, I have heard good things about webaxxs, but F150online grew out of "virtual" hosting a long time ago. The site requires a dedicated server because of its disk usage (over 1GB) and its bandwidth requirements (over 100GB per month).
I gave you the wrong url. Axxs is the network, but the site to go to is their parent company:

http://olmnetworks.com/

The service I was referring to earlier was for dedicated services. I wasn't talking about their lil $15.95 plans a month, LoL ;-)

I'm not sure how their pricing & features compare to your company, but you may want to check it out.

Take care

BfB

Old 08-08-2001 | 06:13 PM
Hey Steve

I was wondering why you didn't use the original "downtime" link for current info on the latest smack. I'm sure few bookmarked that link; but, I did go there looking for possible info on what was up during that time. Maybe you can add this "downtime" link to each message forum main page or put it on the main page.

Old 08-08-2001 | 10:49 PM
F150online
Founder
BadBolt,

I asked myself that same question once I got the server back up. I headed out of town on *very* short notice, so having the site problems were a terrible coincidence. I was away from a PC all weekend, so there was nothing that I could do. Talk about helpless! If I foresee downtime in the future, I will likely use that page...

Steve

Last edited by webmaster; 08-09-2001 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-09-2001 | 10:57 AM
Thumbs up Thanks Steve...............

Steve,

Thank You, for the awesome task of keeping this site up and running.
I deal with this type stuff at work, on a semi-regular Basis.
I'm not cut out, for this kinda thing. Really Glad, someone is....

Ranchero1968

Quick Reply: Couple Issues remain....