Lightning

Georgia_Moon is back !

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001 | 06:49 PM
|
Talking Georgia_Moon is back !

Hope everyone is doing very well...here's a story.

Many of the newer members won't remember my posts or name (Georgia_Moon) but 4 months ago I sold my 2000 Bolt; just got plain tired of it being in the shop. The engine was replaced at 3000 miles due to piston slap (the engine replacement job was butchered) and a month later replaced the blower (bad snorkel bearing).At about 8000 miles the rear differential developed a leak (seal). The drivers seat was re-covered(left bolster problem as you know).The tires wore out at 14000 miles (continual alignment issues)which the dealer replaced.This agitated me so much that I cancelled organizing a Lightning get together at the Eaton Supercharger plant here in Athens Ga. Right after that, the bolt went out of alignment AGAIN. So I had enough and traded in on a 2001 Black Bullitt. The Bullitt was great and the best handling pony I've ever had; even over the Cobra's. The car was a blast to drive but 3 days after driving it noticed that my clutch knee was swelling up and had leg pain in left heel. I thought this was just a temporary event but the pain and discomfort would not go away. I really missed my Bolt; just not the problems with it. Well... after 3 trips to my Doctor, he asked to see the car and watch me get in and out of it.......BAMM....Doc said the car was too low to the ground and my neck and lower back were being ****ed at awkward/bad angles to enter and exit.....so bad luck again....because of the pain, I knew had to do something rather quickly....Saturday morning rolls around and visited my Ford dealer....nothing on their lot stroked my pistons...EXCEPT for the 4 beautiful 2001 Bolts....here we go AGAIN!!! This time drove each bolt twice and picked the best assembled and strongest runner....well...this one Silver Bolt simply out-performed the others; even the salesperson noticed it. So now I am back into the Lightning fold...I just pray this is a good one...I don't think I could go through this again without really losing it. Sorry for the long post but Georgia_Moon is back in the saddle...again ! Even after selling my 2000 bolt, I still frequented this forum at least 4 times a day.....hmmmm. It may be that I sold the Bolt too prematurely but it was just too much hassle.
Good to see you folks again...

Old 08-07-2001 | 07:02 PM
Welcome back!

Good to see that you got an L again.

You shouldn't have any problems with a 01, lets hope anyway.

knock on plastic, (its the year 2001, there is no more wood around).

So you'll be needing a chip n filter combo plater. a side of pulley, and for deserst an ice cold shot of N20!

HAHAHAHA

Later

Old 08-07-2001 | 07:19 PM
|
Thanks RTKILLA,
Haven't had much time to enjoy the Bolt since my heat pump went out and the house has been at 85 degrees for 4 days...finally had it replaced yesterday.
First thing is going to be a lineX or rhino coating for the bed. What do you'll think of the factory tanua (sp) that comes with the 01's...
durable etc ?

Old 08-07-2001 | 07:29 PM
DB
Welcome back! Hopefully the '01 will hold up better for you.

Old 08-07-2001 | 07:31 PM
Welcome back. Glad to see you bought the fastest color this time. A hard bed cover is you best bet for durability. The stock ones look ok but I can see them lasting too long if you use you bed much.

Old 08-07-2001 | 07:45 PM
Ga. Moon, I am from Newnan Ga. Have a daughter at UGA
I have a 2001 I put a Leer 7000 hard top cover and it really looks great, closes and locks very easy.

Old 08-07-2001 | 07:54 PM
My good friend went from a '99 GT to an '00 L to an '00 GT to an '01 Bullitt. The Bullitt is a nice and great sounding car, but I can't wait to set fire to him with my L. It's gonna happen sooner or later....welcome back.

Old 08-07-2001 | 08:10 PM
Wahoooo

another Ga. boy! Welcome back to the L fold. My 01L has been trouble-free--7,980 wonderful miles on her. Daily driver and a drg queen...uhh, that didn't come out right.

I keep tellin' people at the track that our s/c are made in Athens--hard for them to believe. Have many friends that graduated from UGA. Our son chose Ga. Tech.

The 01Ls are a great base on which to add mods. Get the credit card warm.

Dan

Old 08-07-2001 | 08:33 PM
Georgia_Moon
Congratts and welcome back.

I recognize your name I remember reading a few of your post while I was waiting for my L to arive. I was wondering what happened to you, now I know and am glad you came back. I know you will love the Silver 2001 I love mine.

Old 08-07-2001 | 08:33 PM
Cool

Welcome back, hopefully your 01 will treat you better than your 00. Mine has 27k and over 100 1320 passes with no leaking ic or any other problems.I think its the luck of the draw with the 99,00's when it comes to dependibility.Anyway,enjoy your 01.

Old 08-07-2001 | 09:35 PM
|
Wink

Thanks DB, Silver-Bolt, bobby tingle, gforce, LIGHTNINROD,Don C, and ib fast for the warm welcome back. I've really missed all you guy's. So far have only 100 miles on her but she is a brute.
Were bonding right now and getting acquainted with each other....Hmmmn. Thanks again...it feels real solid to be back....Georgia_Moon.

Old 08-07-2001 | 10:00 PM
|
To LIGHTNINROD:
Georgia Tech is a fine choice, especially for a techology education. Your son made the right choice. I've been on a tour at the Eaton plant and it is a impressive operation; plus they do spook stuff (R&D) on the blowers.

To bobby tingle:
You aren't far from me. I'll look into the leer 7000..thanks.

To gforce:
The Bullitt can do 13.66 in the quarter with slicks (someone did it a few months ago at the Atlanta dragway.

To ib fast:
Yes there is a difference in a production run of Bolts. If you can examine 4 or more bolts on a lot you will see variations in quality control and the relative care or lack of on the assembly line.

To Don C:
Hey, I remember you too!

To Silver-Bolt:
Yes, we got them thar 2 silver streak Bolts. Thanks for the hard cover advice.

To RTKILLA:
Instead of N20 i'm thinking of experimenting with
C4 or Napalm...(just kidding...maby?)

Old 08-07-2001 | 10:26 PM
Banned
Welcome back G Moon.

Old 08-07-2001 | 11:23 PM
Thumbs up

Welcome back Georgia!!! Good, (better), luck with the '01!

Jake...

Old 08-08-2001 | 01:15 AM
DB
Originally posted by Georgia_Moon
To LIGHTNINROD:
Georgia Tech is a fine choice, especially for a techology education. Your son made the right choice. I've been on a tour at the Eaton plant and it is a impressive operation; plus they do spook stuff (R&D) on the blowers.

All this talk of GA has made me homesick...can't get good bbq or 'sweet tea' out here in la-la land...

Ga Tech Class of '94

Quick Reply: Georgia_Moon is back !