Lightning

Pics of JL ram air installation ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pics of JL ram air installation ??

Does anyone have some pics of the JL ram air setup? I am wondering where the air temp sensor connects in there. I tried the search, but it doesnt seem like the site is entirely back to normal yet, could only find very recent threads.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 08-08-2001, 12:12 AM
grr

Connects in the back (facing the driver) of the adaptor that attaches directly to the MAF.

Old 08-08-2001, 09:28 AM
Yes, it attaches to the metal MAF sensor adaptor. There is a hole in the adapter with a rubber grommet. Install the sensor in the hole and be sure to turn the sensor so air flows through the hole in the sensor.

Old 08-08-2001, 10:37 AM
Cool

I just put the JL Stage-Two ram air kit on this weekend. Really is pretty straight forward, and fairly easy to put on. The hardest (read: most time consuming) part is working with the fender liner. And even that isn't too difficult.

First drive after installation made it all worth it. Even in very high temps and humidity, my truck really seemed to pick up performance. And the scream of the supercharger... That is one awesome sound.

Old 08-09-2001, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the replies... did the install last night! It seemed like that was the obvious place for the air sensor, I was just confused by the mention of the 'stock rubber hose' in the instructions. And you're right Adrenaline, that liner was a real pain!

The truck screams now (even louder than the Airaid kit was)! Took her out at about 3:00 AM to test everything... going to be needing new F1's pretty soon Im afraid

Quick Reply: Pics of JL ram air installation ??