Lightning

An R/T Breakfast!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001 | 08:50 AM
|
Talking An R/T Breakfast!!!!!!!!!

I was on my way home from work this morning and I noticed a black Dakota R/T swerving in and out of traffic. I caught up with him and I know he seen me because he was trying to out run me but we all know thats impossible!!! I caught him on the stop light that was turning red and we stopped side by side(I have been waiting for this for a longggggg time). I gave a couple of revs and he responded and I looked over and he didn't look at me, and I huh, be that way then. I put my left foot on the brake and and reved her up to 1100 and when the light turned green she hooked like a large mouth bass, I was 4 car lengths ahead of him from the start and and never let up. I looked and he was wayyyyy back there. I didn't cut it off till around 120 or so, I wasn't paying attention. I finally came up on the stoplight I was supposed to turn at and he came up to the light and he looked MAD as HELL!!!! I was laughing my a$$ off. I thought the R/Ts had a little more power than that, or maybe he just didn't know how to drive. What a way to start off a morning!!!!!

Old 08-08-2001 | 08:57 AM
2_Fast,
I would say good kill but that word just can't describe what happened, how about good annihilation! I am still waiting to catch one of those at a light, I always seem to be going the opposite direction. Once again, good one!

Old 08-08-2001 | 11:25 AM
I don't even own a Lightning and they don't want to race. I have had the oppertunity to race a R/T twice know. Both times look over and made quick eye contacxt but they turn away and just don't give her. Last time it was 2:30 am and we were just at the last light before the highway. Perfect racing conditions and me and a friend were honking and reving. He just looked and smiled. So I called him a bitch.

Old 08-08-2001 | 12:22 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
heh heh

who's your daddy??

Last edited by Speedin Bob; 08-08-2001 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2001 | 02:04 PM
2 nights ago a dude in a black R/t passed through a light when I was turning right and the passenger waved at me...so I thought, ok this could be fun.....but when I pull up next to him and looked over it was like some 15-16 year old kid asking me to pull into the chevron ahead and buy them beer - LOL

I just said "sorry dude" and drove away as they turned......very dissapointing

Old 08-08-2001 | 04:46 PM
Thumbs up

Speedin Bob,
your one crazy dude!!!!!!!
Jerry

Old 08-08-2001 | 05:06 PM
Speedin Bob you just made my afternoon with those pics.

Old 08-08-2001 | 06:23 PM
|
mannn, thats funny!!!! Thats what I was thinkin' too!!!!

Old 08-08-2001 | 08:16 PM
Banned
Re: An R/T Breakfast!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 2_FAST4U
I was on my way home from work this morning and I noticed a black Dakota R/T swerving in and out of traffic. I caught up with him and I know he seen me because he was trying to out run me but we all know thats impossible!!! I caught him on the stop light that was turning red and we stopped side by side(I have been waiting for this for a longggggg time). I gave a couple of revs and he responded and I looked over and he didn't look at me, and I huh, be that way then. I put my left foot on the brake and and reved her up to 1100 and when the light turned green she hooked like a large mouth bass, I was 4 car lengths ahead of him from the start and and never let up. I looked and he was wayyyyy back there. I didn't cut it off till around 120 or so, I wasn't paying attention. I finally came up on the stoplight I was supposed to turn at and he came up to the light and he looked MAD as HELL!!!! I was laughing my a$$ off. I thought the R/Ts had a little more power than that, or maybe he just didn't know how to drive. What a way to start off a morning!!!!!
Not to be an a$$, but the R/T’s have been known to be junk for years now!

Why even race one?

Find something more interesting like a Z06, at least that’s a real race, or even an older Viper.

Leave the R/T’s for Impala SS’s or something.

Old 08-09-2001 | 03:18 AM
|
dark_horse, I know what you mean, but at the time, he was an easy target. There are not to many Z06s or old vipers around here in BFE where I live.

Old 08-09-2001 | 07:19 AM
2_fast - awesome job, bud.

After I got my L and found this board and read about the R/T's, all I wanted was to catch a red light with one. I waited and waited and MAN, I wanted to line up with one of those trucks. Well, I've raced a few of them now, and I won't even bother anymore unless they want some of course, then I'll lay the smack down.

For you guys trolling around, drooling and waiting for the chance to run one of those R/T's - don't hype yourself up too much for it, because you'll probably be disappointed in how easy they are to whoop...

Quick Reply: An R/T Breakfast!!!!!!!!!