Lightning

Re: closed thread on SVT trailer hitch GP...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001 | 12:33 PM
|
Lightbulb Re: closed thread on SVT trailer hitch GP...

Let us continue the thread through the following link:

http://www.mustangcentral.net/ubb/Fo...ML/000001.html

We do not want to upset the webmaster so let us continue on my website

Old 08-09-2001 | 03:14 PM
Y'know, I read the GP rules, and I think the Webmaster has some reasonable requests. I just think that by the time all the steps are taken to make sure every little rule is complied with, most interest in a GP will die off. Its not always true, sure, but with emails to send, and approvals to get, and etc, it would take days to get permission to organize, if not longer.

IMO, as long as a group purchase doesn't directly compete with the Marketplace, I don't see the problem.

My 2 cents...

Old 08-09-2001 | 03:28 PM
F150online
Founder
Trust me, it IS a problem, which is exactly why the rules were put into place...more than a year ago.

What was happening is people would organize GP's on the site. Something would go wrong, product would not ship, the organizer would disappear and I was left holding the bag or being put in the position of moderating a pissing contest between the seller and the buyer. It created extra work for me and it derived no benefit for F150online.

I do not have the time, nor the interest to coordinate these things, so the rules are in place. Thank you to got hp for opting to continue this GP discussion on his site.

The rules do not allow for the posting of GP until it has been brought to our attention. So, how can interest be lost in something that was never posted? If the procedure is followed, the GP post will be new to everyone.

It is in the best interest of this site and anyone who wants to participate in a GP, to have the full contact information of the seller available to them. If you disagree with that and are not willing to either 1) go through the 5 minute process to provide that information or 2) are willing to buy from someone who you know nothing about then good luck to you. Let the buyer beware and keep me out of it...which has never happened.

The rules are there for a reason and there is no need to even debate them as they are not going to be removed. There are plenty of other sites that coordinate GP's, let them deal with the inevitable headaches that come along with them without any rules. Or, follow the SIMPLE process and run them here.

If you wish to provide feedback on these comments, contact me offline and not on the forums. Any posts made to further debate on this will be removed as usual.

Last edited by webmaster; 08-09-2001 at 06:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Re: closed thread on SVT trailer hitch GP...