Lightning

00 lightning running bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012 | 05:57 PM
|
00 lightning running bad

hey ive got a oo lightning had it since 03 last year blew pass side head gasket i let it set a while i pulled the engine in july had it rebuilt bored 20 over eagle h beam rods polished excellent factory crank cleaned heads intake intercooler and it was balanced put the engine back in 3 weeks ago havent got it to run right yet changed plugs to autolights pulled injectors cleaned and checked them bought 1 coil pack put it on all cyl . no change checked power to coils triple checked all vaccum lines their right still runs bad . oh im sorry didnt describe how it runs idles rough like a miss turn on ac or put blower belt on or put it in gear runs rough as hell no power at all under any load . changed maf sensor . checked power to injectors pulled intake back off checked for warpage cant figure it out dont know anyone with a scanner and will not take it to dealership they absolutly suck here just wondering if any body has any ideas i havent thought of and thanks for reading all this wouldnt post it but im stumped as hell and ready to hear that blower whine is there a way to test coils and what tells the ecm where the timing is thanks also changed fuel filter and pumped out the old gas put in fresh gas

Last edited by SA-10; 08-29-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-29-2012 | 11:28 PM
|
a friend came by we found that all 4 cylinders on the right side arent working proven there is fire and fuel but the exhaust manifold is cold while running and unplugged those 4 coils engine ran the same possibly cam timing or cam sensor could something electrical be firing the right side cylinders at the wrong time? I can see the cam sensor on the left front is there one for the right also? i dont remember one being there when i pulled the engine

Old 08-30-2012 | 08:26 AM
Truck of the Month
sounds like a wire is broken...

Old 08-30-2012 | 06:57 PM
|
it may be ive been looking at some wiring too im gonna check the compression too i dont see the guy that built the engine having one of the cams out of time but i guess its not impossible

Old 08-30-2012 | 10:44 PM
Truck of the Month
imporperly timed cams is a common issue, BUT you also said the truck is not firing on 4 cylinders - if the cams were off it'd still fire

Old 08-31-2012 | 07:46 PM
|
im sorry i shouldve said no combustion on the right side i laid the 1st coil front of the right side on the valve cover put an old plug in it and started the engine got spark pretty good spark checked connector for the injectors with a noid light it pulsed i removed the ijectors and connected 12 volts srayed carb cleaner through them seems to me that if all that works it should be firing even if its at the wrong time i unplugged all 4 coils on the right side while it was running no change in how it was running plugged them back up let it run and sprayed water on the exhaust manifold and it just stayed wet it wasnt hot i still gotta check compression im wondering what could throw off 4 cylinders on one side if it isnt the cam .

Old 08-31-2012 | 07:51 PM
|
it isnt popping or back firing through the exhaust either i thought it should be some if the plugs are firing and theres fuel even at the wrong time.i took the coils off the right side swapped them to the left side still the same left side works right doesnt comp. tester a friend had didnt fit but with youir thumb over the hole you can feel and hear some compression

Last edited by SA-10; 08-31-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-13-2014 | 09:01 PM
What turned out to be the cause of this? Just put new motor in my lightning and its doing the exact same thing.

Old 04-26-2014 | 12:10 AM
Truck of the Month
he's got it apart again, he found a broken ring

Another motor will be going in

Old 05-16-2014 | 06:46 PM
A broken ring? Over modified ,oil breakdown, that's freaky.

Quick Reply: 00 lightning running bad