Lightning

Hotter than a $2 pistol.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001 | 02:47 AM
|
Thumbs up Hotter than a $2 pistol.

As I have said before, my L is stock and will stay that way. However, I have now driven a chip & filtered L. What a big difference. The '99 L had a (NO chip war) chip from one of the BIG 3. I was able to run against him too, albiet not side by side as there is not room for that here, and he would pull me all the way. He did say he was very careful in the very hot 100+ temps w/AC on as he did experience a very slight ping with this fabulous CA oxygenated fuel. I was not into that.
With this CA fuel getting even worse (91 Octane now), are you chip owners sending your chips back for a re-burn or are you using additives or ???

Old 08-11-2001 | 05:32 AM
We in Jersey may have Insurance that sucks, BUT we got good gas!

Old 08-11-2001 | 12:51 PM
Going to give JDM's "California" chip a try as soon as my truck is reassembled.

Old 08-11-2001 | 03:27 PM
Redneck Ferrari,

I noticed that my truck is down on power, and there seems to be a slight miss at very light throttle. The weather here has been hot too, and the gas quality (octane) is dropping.

I wonder if they are adding ethanol to the fuel yet. Since they are eliminating MTBE, it appears that alcohol will be the substitute. Ethanol has about 1/2 the energy that gasoline does by volume. Maybe this accounts for the drop in power.

I guess it's time to visit the 76 station for some race gas.

Quick Reply: Hotter than a $2 pistol.