Lightning

Line-X or Rhino lining ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Line-X or Rhino lining ?

Hey everyone,

If any of you'll have had the line-x or rhino lining sprayed in, please let me know your opinion. I like the "smoother" texture
of the line-x but have no experience with these. BTW, my new
01 Bolt has 400 miles on her and NO PISTON SLAP......so far no problems...Here in Athens, either coating is about $350.00.

Thanks for any input....

Old 08-13-2001, 03:03 PM
100% Line-X...
97 Dakota with many haulings... its thick, nothing slides around, and you cant hurt it it seems like, I've tryed scuffing it, ect... nothing, looks like new to this day.. and its 4 years old...

Old 08-13-2001, 03:25 PM
I agree. Line-X. Had mine since January and have hauled pea gravel, dirtbikes, lumber, and all sorts of junk. Still looks great and the conditioner you can use on it keeps it looking new. Very happy with mine.

Old 08-13-2001, 03:39 PM
Thanks Boss46 and coolva for your replies.

Line_x seems to be the most popular. I just like the smoother appearance. Durability is very important and you'll have answered that question...thanx.

Old 08-13-2001, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rhino vs. Line-X

The only negative I've heard about Line-X vs. Rhino (and this is not from first hand expierence) is that the Line-X seems to fade in color after a few years where the Rhino linings (I am told) do not. (This was strictly one person's opinion that had installed a Line-X on his truck and had a Rhino Liner installed on his daughters truck.) Other than that, I believe the Rhino Liner has a little bit rougher surface which may possibly hold things in place in the bed of your truck without sliding better.

Old 08-13-2001, 03:56 PM
speedliner rules

line-x is great because it's so stinking tough--but the texture is smooth enough that stuff flies around. and the rhino is great because it's got a texture that keeps stuff from sliding around--but in the heat it's too rubbery. want the best of both worlds? go with speedliner: tougher than line-x but texture that keeps stuff from sliding in the winter (below freezing around here) or summer (100+ deg F). just my .02

Old 08-13-2001, 04:39 PM
If I was planning on doing a lot of hauling (besides hauling a$$), I would have gotten a Speedliner. I went with a Line-X because it looks the best IMO. I also got a good geal from a friend at a truck acessory place.

Old 08-13-2001, 04:45 PM
To quickdraw:
The speedliner link is down...will check later...thanks.

To STX/98:
Thanks for your information.

In my area of north east Georgia have found only one each of a
Line_x and Rhino dealer...The bed will stay covered, either with the factory tonnaeu(sp) or I'll get another fiberglass cover (same as when I had the 2000 bolt). My truck is a daily driver and only hauls house trash bags to the dump. We have to pay $1.50 for
special county blue trash bags to go to the trash dump. Yes..YES..
I haul trash every week to the Dump in my Lightning and I dont feel quilty.

thanks guys for responding.

Old 08-13-2001, 04:52 PM
Georgia_Moon

I had a Rhino Liner put in my 99 L 2+ years ago. It was done in red to match the truck. Looked really good and held up extremely well. Two drawbacks were added weight when dragracing, and rubber from the track which was on my slicks left black marks in the red which was difficult to remove. The Rhino dealer by me kept samples of both liners in a freezer. He showed me how the Line-X becomes brittle when cold, but I never heard of anyone having a problem with them. My new truck will get a BedRug to save weight and provide a place to lay down at the track. Good Luck with whichever you choose.

Lightning Bob

Old 08-13-2001, 05:21 PM
I don't have any experience with the Line-X, but I'll cast a vote for Rhino. Had a Rhino in my last truck for eight years, and never had a problem with it. It was black, so I can't comment on fading. A new Rhino was the very first thing I had done to my L. This one is gray, and looks sharp. As far as extra weight, it only adds 35 lbs., so it's not a big deal.

Old 08-13-2001, 06:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Weight

Although both the Rhino and Line-X do weigh about 30 to 40 lbs., you will notice a considerable difference in the amount of road noise after installing either one. (Both dampen the noise by acting as insulation.)

Old 08-13-2001, 06:11 PM
thanks

amazing what happens when you don't check links after awhile. speedliner is at:
www.speedliner.com

enjoy.

Old 08-13-2001, 08:00 PM
To quickdraw:
Thanks for the corrected link. Looks interesting but they sand all of your bed painted surfaces to apply the chemical coating.

To ASVTFordBoy, Moonshine, Lightning Bob, STX/98:
Thanks for the advice...very helpful guys !

Old 08-13-2001, 10:23 PM
I had my L Line-Xed and my 89 F-150 Rhino lined. If you're after looks, I'd go with the Line-x. For heavy duty gripping I'd use Rhino. As far as toughness, I think it would be hard to damage either.

Mark

Old 08-13-2001, 10:50 PM
Thumbs up Line X

Line X vs. Rhino

Take from me. I've sprayed Line X for 3 years now and I have it in my personal truck. It's tuff it looks nices and it serves it's purpose. Rhino linings go on as a cold process taking hours to dry. Line x is sprayed at about 150 degrees and drys in 5 seconds. So as soon as they pull your truck around. It's ready to haul. Also look at the warranty line x as to offer.

Muddy-

Quick Reply: Line-X or Rhino lining ?