Lightning

whats the jury on the NGK TR-6 Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Say Shorty....Now that we have the issues of NGK and Judge Judy resolved and crystal clear, I was noticing that you have a shrunken head in your 99 L. Can you tell me if it be a South American or an Africian variety ? And would it be a former member of an indigenous tribe, or some poor unlucky sap who stumbled upon them while they were discussing the virtues of differing brands of curare and whether or not the local witchdoctor was "hot or not?" And secondly, are they hard to get through customs?

Old 08-13-2001, 09:45 PM
I just did the NGK's and so far so good. have about 500 miles on them and they seem fine. Just took a trip to the beach and back which includes about 3000-4000 feet of elevation change. No detonation and got 17mpg running around 70-75 mph. I do not notice anything different over stock. Choose your plug wisely, it's not a job you want to do often.

Old 08-13-2001, 09:53 PM
I installed NGK's and it runs the same as it did before. That's both good and bad.

Old 08-13-2001, 10:11 PM
I would guess that some would depend on how you gap the plugs. I just put in the TR6 plugs and noticed no difference in performance. I gapped them at .040.

Old 08-14-2001, 12:24 AM
Silver-Bolt, I guess that's why Ford puts 100,000 mi rated plugs in the Lightning. They don't want to have to change them either.

I'm going to do this drill on Friday, before I leave for Carlsbad.

Old 08-14-2001, 01:11 AM
I thought they had a little more zip than the stock plugs or Autolite 103's. They ran fine in my truck but I thought they were too lean in the cruising range (grayish white) for my taste. I did notice with the stock filter, airbox and no mods that they were not as lean (still grayish with a hint of tan).

I'd hate to recommend a plug for nitrous because quite a few people have burned tips on almost every brand. I will say that the 103's have the widest ground electrode but are flatter in throttle response like the stock plugs. Pick you poison!!

P.S. No way am I going to recommend my favorite plug (which I went back to for the third time) for nitrous because I don't want to hear the pissing and moaning when they fry a tip. Blame it on the other plugs or your parents whichever is the most convenient.

Last edited by LTNBOLT; 08-14-2001 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:18 AM
Say Shorty....Now that we have the issues of NGK and Judge Judy resolved and crystal clear, I was noticing that you have a shrunken head in your 99 L. Can you tell me if it be a South American or an Africian variety ? And would it be a former member of an indigenous tribe, or some poor unlucky sap who stumbled upon them while they were discussing the virtues of differing brands of curare and whether or not the local witchdoctor was "hot or not?" And secondly, are they hard to get through customs?
Alas, someone finally asked about me shrunken head. It's from E-bay and guaranteed to keep young children away. It sits in my cup holder in the middle of the seats. It's a nice little addition like a bed rug, just makes you feel good. AAAARRGGHH!!!

Old 08-14-2001, 07:19 AM
I'm also looking for some lopped off hands to make some custom grill inserts.

Old 08-14-2001, 08:20 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
Tangents...
From plugs to dismemberment. I think that we've never seen this one before....

Seriously. The NGK's took care of a consistent "miss" that I was experiencing. Didn't notice any difference in performance. Just know that they are better equipted to handle the N20 better than stock plugs.

Rich

Quick Reply: whats the jury on the NGK TR-6 Plugs