Lightning

Can anyone scan their R.O. for the Permenant I/C fix? Need part #s.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Can anyone scan their R.O. for the Permenant I/C fix? Need part #s.

I/C kit is at dealers. Going in
Thursday.
Would appreciate it if, anyone that has had the "New" Permenant I/C FIX done, on their lightning, could post a scanned copy of your R.O. so I can take in with me to show them what is "NORMALLY DONE" when the Lightnings I/C is replaced.
Maybe Gomer that gets the job.
Thanks in advance.

Dan

Old 08-13-2001, 06:28 PM
Smile

Dan,

I've been wondering where you've been. Or maybe I just haven't seen you post, but glad you're still with us. It seems as though a lot of the "old timers" aren't posting anymore.

I'd like to see an R.O. too so I can save it for future reference. My truck and LTNBOLT's were made 1 week apart and his just started leaking. He's got a couple k on me though. I guess mine should be soon.

Jim

Old 08-13-2001, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan, I can't help you with an RO, but here is what the dealer should be replacing... the new core, the middle intake, the spark plugs (if they are coolant fouled), the O2s (a MUST, coolant on the O2s kills them instantly), and the cats (in case of extreme amounts of coolant contamination). It is dealer descretion if they change the cats, plugs and O2s, so you can't really DEMAND they do it, but I would definately request new O2s. Hope this helps.

Old 08-13-2001, 07:21 PM
Thanks Sal.
I finally got to run your #4 race program we talked about and even with the leaking I/C.
(1/4 inch a run down the 1/4- Don't know how many tenths I lost there?) but it kicked butt-"BIG TIME" on 93 octane.Will fax you the time slip later (got some comparisons, too.
Got the torque convertor out today.
later
Dan

Old 08-14-2001, 01:50 AM

Quick Reply: Can anyone scan their R.O. for the Permenant I/C fix? Need part #s.