Lightning

another stupid question (alarm)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001 | 04:55 AM
|
another stupid question (alarm)

When i picked up the L, i had them yank out some alarm thing the dealer installs. they wanted 400 bux for this thing.... my mustang had a similiar thing in it too when i had them remove...

the mustang has a built in alarm anyway ... this module just added shock and a warning honk pattern... so it wasn't needed...

does the L have an alarm standard besides the coded key thing?

i didnt see the theft light flash or come on when i locked the doors... is this normal?

thanks

Old 08-17-2001 | 10:48 AM
The Lightning has an alarm that goes off when the doors are locked and are opened from the inside. I haven't been able to determine if there is an ignition/fuel cutoff once the alarm goes off. Mine will NOT passively arm. If you do not lock the doors, you can open them anytime and the alarm will not go off.

Does anyone have anything different to add?

Old 08-17-2001 | 12:32 PM
DB
Nothing additional to add, although I believe all Fords have the feature of the horn going off when the doors are locked then having the door opened from the inside - I can attest to this as it happened to me in a packed restaurant parking lot with my rented Mustang convertible that had the top down, doors locked, and me with the bright idea of reaching in to open the door

Old 09-19-2001 | 10:14 AM
L's do not come from the factory with an alarm system. They do have PATS (the coded key system to prevent the engine from being started) and this controls the THEFT light on the dash.

Some dealers install aftermarket FORD alarm systems but they will generally charge you extra for this (they usually lump it with the remote start feature)

Quick Reply: another stupid question (alarm)