Lightning

Got bet by a 12 Eagle Talon AWD ..=(>

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001 | 05:56 PM
I'm right with ya Speedin' Bob. Those new WRXs just rock, and the STi version is supposed to hit the U.S. shores near the end of 2002 (according to Motor Trend). The Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII is also on the way to the U.S., but expected to be sometime in 2003.

Those are the only other vehicles that tempt me away from my L...thank heavens they aren't here yet.

Old 08-24-2001 | 08:17 PM
yeah, those lil talons move when modified..one night i raced a 2001 L and he walked from me very slowly, we stayed neck in neck till about 3rd gear and he started slowly pullin..i was in my R/T CC and i'm stock....haha, thought you guys would like that one, that really did happen, but i'm heavily modified, then i hear this turbo, and a talon pulls up, and since i've beaten them before i thought he was gone, until the light turned green, and he made me look like i was goin in reverse, he smoked me 3 times, it wasnt even close. and my truck runs 13.8..i went home after that :-)

Old 08-25-2001 | 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Martyr
I'm right with ya Speedin' Bob. Those new WRXs just rock, and the STi version is supposed to hit the U.S. shores near the end of 2002 (according to Motor Trend).
Just get a WRX and mod it, from what my friend has researched the STi has a better intercooler and larger turbo, both you can buy directly from Subaru. THats the big difference. Hopefully within the month he will get his WRX.

Old 08-25-2001 | 08:31 PM
You guys aren't going over to the rice side on me are ya?

Old 08-25-2001 | 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Speedin Bob
Galaxy,

Don't even get me started on the WRX (STi model preferrably) as it brings about e-vil thoughts of selling the L.

The specs are nice on these cars but what's up with the guppy head lights? Totally ruins it for me.

Quick Reply: Got bet by a 12 Eagle Talon AWD ..=(>