Lightning

What is an "X-Plan" (purchasing '01 L)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2001 | 08:13 AM
|
Post What is an "X-Plan" (purchasing '01 L)

I'm looking to find out what this X-plan is, I need to save every stink'in buck i can!

Old 08-25-2001 | 08:16 AM
do a search of the forums.....this place is like an encyclopedia of x-plan info....just beware of the few that talk as if they know when they are just guessing.

In short, get thr x-plan any way you can...it's as good as it gets unless you work for Ford.

Old 08-26-2001 | 12:58 AM
X-Plan is an agreement made between Ford and particpating companies (yes, you have to be employed by one of these companies that I am aware of) where you can sign up and get x-plan price, which I believe is 3% above what Ford employees pay. It is similar to a volume discount kind of thing. A new Lightning would be around $29K. However, it is up to the dealer to honor x-plan: if they don't want to they don't have to! When I ordered mine there was no dealer willing to go x-plan in the DFW area, but I hear the dealers are now getting more liberal. I'm not sure if this statement is totally accurate, but if you don't work for a company that offers x-plan with Ford you can't get it.

Anyway, that's what I know about it.

Old 08-26-2001 | 04:30 PM
No, you do not need to be employed by any company to get an X-Plan. Any Ford employee has 4 of these plans that they can give to anyone they want. If you don't know a Ford employee or none of the Ford employees on the board have any left you can get one by joining the EAA for $40. You can do a search for EAA to get the details of how to do that. - Bob

Old 08-26-2001 | 09:32 PM
actually it is 4% above ford employee price but still a great deal....get the x-plan however you have to. I don't personally know about this EAA deal because my company gets me x-plan, but I hear it works. shop around because at least some people are getting x-plan on Lightnings (or at least they say they are)

Old 08-26-2001 | 09:35 PM

Quick Reply: What is an "X-Plan" (purchasing '01 L)