Lightning

What are the chances here in FL of getting out of this one????

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2001 | 05:05 PM
|
What are the chances here in FL of getting out of this one????

Well got 3 tickets today but it could have been worse. Got stopped for wreckless driving, no signal while changing lanes, speeding 58 on a 35. The three tickets were for no signal, speeding and my tinted windshield. Dont care about the tinted windshield but the other two are the problem. So anybody from S. FL that knows of any good lawyer's or options would reall y appreciate your help.

Old 08-25-2001 | 07:10 PM
I believe your chances of getting out of the two worst tickets are somewhere between slim and none Good luck in your search though.

Old 08-25-2001 | 07:19 PM
I hope they're not giving tickets out for WRECKLESS driving! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Reckless driving, 58 in a 35 - c'mon, there's gotta be a story with this one...

Old 08-25-2001 | 07:26 PM
go to safty school for the big ticket . there will be no points and It dong go on your insurance.

good luck

hey at least you have a lic and not dui.

Old 08-25-2001 | 08:15 PM
send in extra money and dont cash the refund check, you can take the school online at www.internettrafficclass.com

Old 08-25-2001 | 08:51 PM
Maybe you should worry about driving a little more carefully instead of getting out of 3 tickets that you deserve. I'm sorry, but 58 in a 35 is ridiculous!!

I am not saying that I never speed but I would never go almost 60 in a 35 zone (especially if it was a residentail area....you didn't say if it was or not)

It just kills me that people post questions like this like anyone would feel sorry for them.

Old 08-25-2001 | 10:53 PM
Calm down blueflareside, we don't pay almost 35000 for these beasts to do the speed limit!!! to be honest, my worst was alot worse than that, the only reason that my L didn't get impounded was because the cop was a Marine too and he hooked his brother up. I hear that you can fight it in court and pleed no contest and the judge will just give you like a 40$ ticked and insurance won't charge it. I never got to try this out because I missed the court date. Couldn't hurt to try though.

Old 08-26-2001 | 06:50 AM
Lightbulb

I've heard some places you can call the prosecutor and make a deal that if you pay the fines and maybe driving school they'll forego any points on your license. All they want is their damn taxes anyway.

Old 08-26-2001 | 09:29 AM
11secL,

There is no need for me to calm down. I was trying to make a point that people are always trying to get out of tickets that they deserve. I owned a Mustang GT before my truck so I know why you have the truck. If you do the crime you have to pay the fine....it's as simple as that.

Black2000L,

How dark are your windows? The reason why there is a max % tint on the front is so that the cops can see you insode your vehicle. It is for their safety so that they do not walk up to a vehicle with someone holding a gun up behind it. I have an idiot neighbor with a Dodge pickup (go figure) who even tinted his windshield! The rest of his windows are so dark that you cannot see inside and you can barely see to back up. I can't wait until he backs up into a pole at night because he can't see it!

Old 08-26-2001 | 04:30 PM
calm

Yes, you do have a reason to calm down blueflareside. You've got no idea the situation he in.

First off, the windshield: From my time in South Florida, ANY tint is illegal. We may not be talking limo tint here.

Second: Florida has WACKED speed limits. I used to live in Orlanda, the main road through town (2-3 lanes each direction, 10 miles long) never got above a 40MPH limit. 60 was a common speed.

Black2000L: Best bet is to fight it. The National Motorist Association (the no 55 people) have a huge kit on how to fight speeding tickets. www.motorist.com

You can go you traffic school to get out of it, but you only get 4 traffic schools EVER then you're SOL, so you might want to save them.

Coldie

Old 08-26-2001 | 04:35 PM
I think you might want to trade in that V1 or turn it on.

L_MATT, I have heard of that before, Just never tried it. The will void after 6 months.

Old 08-26-2001 | 04:52 PM
I'll have to agree...here in Florida a lot of the speed limits are terriblly low on main roads. Maybe b/c of the tourists?

Old 08-26-2001 | 06:26 PM
Coldie,

Where did I say that tinting the windshield was not illegal?!?

Oh, and by the way, I design roadways in Central Florida and if a speed limit is 35 MPH or 40 MPH there is a reason for it. The main one is driver's safety.

I see a lot of accident reports of people dying from speeding in areas that are just uncalled for. One big one was on a 35 MPH ramp where people were averaging 65-70! The main culprit was the long tangent (straight) section before the curve on the flyover ramp. One lady actuall rear ended a cop car on the side of the road with the rear of her car. Her excuse...the wind blew my car that way and I lost control. She was doing 55 in a 35, by the way.

Just looking out for everyone's safety because it's my job.

Old 08-26-2001 | 06:36 PM
****, not an hour after writing my last post i got bagged my self, 73 in a 45 but he just wrote the cheap one that costs 80 bucks and is 3 points, i was doing a 0-100 test leaving town to let my buddy hear my magnaflow, i can beat it though, it was a city cop and he was 3 miles out of jurisdiction when he pulled me...i should have hauled ***, when he was about a mile back he flashed his beams and i slowed cause i figured it was someone i knew, then came the blues

Old 08-26-2001 | 09:29 PM
|
Well thanx for everyboyd's response as for the situation i had not driving the truck in a week cus of a flat tire and i was trying to get somewhere quick but yeah the pseed limit of 35mph on this road is ridiculous. As for the V1 it did warn me but i received a call as the V! went off and it didnt click to slow down so yeah i may get flamed for being on the cell phone and speeding. But what done is done and i really just dont want the points.

Quick Reply: What are the chances here in FL of getting out of this one????