Lightning

Real Audio ?? (Off topic)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2001 | 08:52 PM
|
Question Real Audio ?? (Off topic)

I have a question for the "geeks" out there. Is it possible to down load something in real audio and burn it to a CD. I know its possible to do MP3's (duh) but there has to be a way to do it with real audio. Is there a way to convert the files or something? Please help! Thanks!!

Old 08-25-2001 | 10:12 PM
Banned
Re: Real Audio ?? (Off topic)

Originally posted by Caka
I have a question for the "geeks" out there. Is it possible to down load something in real audio and burn it to a CD. I know its possible to do MP3's (duh) but there has to be a way to do it with real audio. Is there a way to convert the files or something? Please help! Thanks!!
Most of those files could be cashed/stored under "my documents", but I'm not sure if RA does it.

The best thing to do is find something that has an noticable name to it then look under "my download" directory, they might be called *********.ram

Good luck.

Old 08-25-2001 | 10:20 PM
Since the audio is streamed you have to find a way to get around it. There is a program called Total Recorder www.download.com is one place to find it. Real audio takes the streamed audio and runs it through your sound card, Total Recorder grabs it once it hits your sound card and saves it to a *.wav. If you have ever used a screen capture utility kinda the same thing just for sound.

You might want to do a search for "saving realaudio" I found a proggie on a warez site that would save streamed *.asf files by emulating the player and saving it to your hard drive instead.

Good Luck

P.S. The program is shareware so it limits you to 40sec so if yourfile is over the limit I have the patch for it so you can use the full version. If it suits your need you should pay the programmer.

Last edited by InfiniteMhz; 08-25-2001 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2001 | 10:26 PM
Banned
InfiniteMhz,

good info, thanks!

Quick Reply: Real Audio ?? (Off topic)