Lightning

please read and give input....everyones knowlege required

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2001 | 06:45 PM
|
please read and give input....everyones knowlege required

i was thinking again last night, i want to put a 15 lb nx kit on my truck in my bed, i was thinking that i want my truck to appear stock so here is what i came up with, tell me if you think if it would work or if not, how to make it work.
first off, i do have the bed cover
i want to put a bedrug in the truck that normally fits a super crew, that would leave about 10 inches between the bedrug and the front of the bed, getting a carpenter friend to build a wall to support the new front of the bed (where the bedrug stops) and then putting my bottle and battery in that 10 inch space, that way if someone were to open my tailgate to check for it or to steal it, they wouldnt see it since its dark in there they wouldnt notice that the bedrug is 10 inches away and is supported by plywood and not metal, does that make sense to anyone???

Old 08-26-2001 | 06:51 PM
very cool idea . . .

Old 08-26-2001 | 06:57 PM
|
plus if you kept crap back there that slides around it wouldnt break your bottle or battery box

Old 08-26-2001 | 06:59 PM
|
im fixing to shoot down the street to the dealer with a tape measurer

Old 08-26-2001 | 07:26 PM
Thats a good idea, but the bed rung wont fit right. The curves in the bed wouldn't make it fit right. But then lets say it works, and looks right. It's going to be hard to change the bottle when time comes, and for big race events you need 2 bottles. Then the other problem comes in of trying to hide the main feed line, silinoids, and injecter fitting.

Personally i think it is to much trouble just to try to hide the fact you are useing nitrous. Also, unless you can get the medical grade, people will be able to smell it when you use it.

Old 08-26-2001 | 07:44 PM
|
my main goal is street racing, so the 2 bottle thing doesnt worry me, plus i dont care if it is smelt after i wax a bitch, but i could get medical grade if i had to....about half the reason i want to do it though is so i can throw stuff in the bed and not worry about wacking the bottle...

Old 08-26-2001 | 08:36 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
You are considering street racing with nitrous?

When you say "wax a bitc*, you don't mean running somebody over trying to get home to their family after work, right?

Why not just put it in the cab behind your seat? (Flame intended)

Anyways, come to our show Saturday night in Tampa and I'll show you one of the best "stealth" setups minus the hidden bottle.

Last edited by TampaSVT; 08-26-2001 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2001 | 10:13 PM
|
no, im not planning on running people off the road, i read that post about that dodge, what an idiot...there are a few places around here around 1-3 sat morning that a bunch of t/ams and 5.0's roam, money races and **** like that, plus i work at a checy dealer and people check out my truck all the time, esp. vette guys, sometimes i talk to them but usually not, i wanna run a z06 and smoke him and have him think im closer to stock

Old 08-27-2001 | 09:51 AM
|
ttt

Quick Reply: please read and give input....everyones knowlege required