Lightning

Think I spun a bearing

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014 | 11:25 AM
|
Think I spun a bearing

I have a 04 Lighting with only 63900 miles on it. I changed the oil and fuel filter Sunday. It was breaking up under full boost before so I wanted to see if it was fixed. Took it out for a good run and everything was fine. Tuesday, it sounded like it was popping for a second after letting off after full boost. Everything else was great. Idle was great, cruising around was much better. Today, I thought I heard something at start up. I went to the store and all was good. When I left I had to get on it a little, but not hard. When I let off, I heard the dreaded sound that is like the clattering of diesel pistons for about a second and a half. I hope I am wrong, but what do you guys thinks?

Old 05-03-2014 | 11:36 PM
Truck of the Month
its sad you had what you describe as a misfire or detonation and continued to romp on the throttle...

as far as what actually happened, I have no idea BUT if I were you, I'd start with a spark plug change and go from there

Old 05-16-2014 | 06:41 PM
Full boost..? How exactly did you acquire full boost? Violently or organically? That could tell us a lot.

Quick Reply: Think I spun a bearing