Lightning

Disabling Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uhh, guys, i dont know if this has been said, but yu can also lock the truck from the inside too!!

Old 09-05-2001, 04:40 AM
Thanks guys for all your help. I will call the dealer to see if they can disable the headlights from flashing. For right now I guess I'll have to lock my truck by pressing the door lock instead. If nothing works, I'll have to take LightningKid's idea and do the wiring thing. LightningKid where is the RAP module located on our trucks? I just got my lights in today and want to start working on it.

MadMaxSC-The HID's I'm getting are made by Philips (both balasts and bulbs) and are German made. I saw the website with the Sylvanias but they are alittle too expensive for me($900). The ones I got are only half that ($450) and come with a 5 year warranty. I got them through a GB with another message board. I think they are still available at that price (regular $600). Give me an email if your interested.

Old 09-05-2001, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Surfs Up,
The RAP is mounted to the fire wall on left hand side under dash. Look straight up along the E-brake assy. you will see a white module with 2 connectors in it. It will also have a 5 digit number on it for use with your keyless key pad if you put one in. I posted on my original note the wire color as being light green/yellow, pin 8 of the 22 pin connector. The other connector has 26 spots in it. The wire color on my truck is gray/black stripe. Regardless, the pin location is correct, it stopped my lights from flashing.

I have had my HID setup for a few months now and love it. Please let us know how you like it!! I know I'll never go back

Old 09-08-2001, 05:23 AM
LightningKid-Glad you like your HID's but mine is a different story. Just got mine yesterday and I have a problem with too much light in areas that don't need it and also there are 2 dark spots in the middle from the cap cover in the clear headlights(01) that block alot of light. How is your setup? Did you have to make any mods? I had to re-aim both of the headlights but still can't get it right. I'm seriously thinking of getting projector headlights to solve the problem. It seems that the HID bulbs are alittle shorter than the 9007 bulbs and with closer examination its looks as if the HID bulb's light source or arc is about 1/2" lower than the 9007's filament light source. I think the stock 01 clear lights were designed with the 9007's light source sitting further out and now with my new HID bulb's light source sitting closer in I'm having problems with the light output onto the road being totally off.

Old 09-08-2001, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Surfs up, my setup came from hidkits.com. They had taken the filament location into accout when they made the bulbs. I also had to re-aim, but that was it. I had done a home made setup once on a T-bird sc and found out that the fillament has to be in just the right spot or it plays hell with the light dispersion pattern.

Old 09-10-2001, 03:44 AM
Thanks LightningKid. I wished I knew about the focal thing in the beginning but it's too late now. I broke the little tabs that hold the plug to the bulbs and can't really return my HID setup, but it still works fine without the tabs anyways. I knew something was off when I compared the Philips' HID bulb to our stock 9007's, and noticed that the HID's focal point was about 1/2" lower than the 9007. Oh well, we all learn from our mistakes, hopefully.

Do you have a picture of the HID bulb on your L? I can't find a pic of the 9007 HIDs on the HIDKITS site. I emailed them about purchasing a pair of corrected bulb but they are $260. More money down the drain. I was going to purchase a filter kit with that money.

Also, could you please post pictures of your HID setup and output on the roads at night.

Thanks, David

Quick Reply: Disabling Headlights?