Lightning

Anyone who has put 01 mirrors on 00?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001 | 01:13 PM
Madhouse and Speedin Bob,

No he does not sell them anymore. He had problems with his supplier and decided it wasn't worth the effort for the little profit that he made.

Vin,

The wiring is in the door but not the mirror (2000 MY). You will have to hook the lights to the connector in the door. It can be done but takes some time and patience in dissassembling the mirror and routing of the wires through the loom.

Mike

Old 09-17-2001 | 03:46 PM
how does the outside cover "pop" off? Do you pull on it or are there screws behing the mirror glass. Please help I am installing them today!

Old 09-17-2001 | 04:15 PM
Tilt the mirror all the way down and shine a flashlight in there. Use two small flat screwdrivers on the tabs prying up gently. The cover will then pop off.

Mike

Old 09-17-2001 | 04:40 PM
|
Rest In Peace
Well i just got the e-mail from www.fordpartsonline.com that their online catalog is misleading the covers dont come painted they only come primed so i told them no thanks not worth all that trouble. Thanks for the info though guys.
Vin

Old 09-17-2001 | 09:40 PM
NOSTROMO
Badazz, i just did a mirror swap. I have the 2001 L mirrors and got rid of them in place for the older LED turn signal mirrors. I ordered them from fordpartsonline as well. The covers will need to be painted to match the truck as they came in a dull plastic finish. As far as the electrical hook up is concerned, everything just plugged right in and works just fine.

Hope this helps
Anthony

Quick Reply: Anyone who has put 01 mirrors on 00?