Lightning

FF Weekend Cordova !!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down FF Weekend Cordova !!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who didn't get a chance to come to FFW at Cordova you saved yourself misery and a truckload off bull$it.Test and tune was Rained out friday....The lightning class wasn't truck specific as was WFC so there was a Ranger and something else blowing nitrous,so we had the typical TT class.Our qualifying runs were abour 2-3 hours apart...Got our three runs in by 9:30 pm fiirst was at 2:25 pm, 10 trucks in the class.

On my first pass (oh they forgot to punch my number into the computer) so I had no timeslip for the first pass,so they turned me and another truck around to run another first pass.Well by then the truck was a bit hot, and no great time 12:60 but respectable.

I guess the whole deal is when we go to these events we get treated like crap(except for WFC) they have their act together.Not only that but after paying the $60 to run, we had to pay another $30 to have a shootout number from the FFW people, or our aternative was to bracket race,since we only usually attend this one FFW event yearly it was another $30 down the Shi$$er.So after qualifying we get to go to our hotel, home or whatever.Then comes this morning,and it's raining like heck, so I call the track, only to find the day has been cancelled,and our passes, tickets are good for another FFW event somewhere down the road....Dah!!!!

Guess what really pi$$es me off is where did the prize money go??? ***** I know I was one of the top in the class,but the money is long gone?????????? And hey I ain't crying about the money, rights just right,what the he$$ is the deal....

I just wish we had WFC twice a year,I wouldn't bother with the other events....And they need a lightning class specific class at these events,Gen 1's and Gen 2's.

And I guess I have a real hard time with your typical sandbaggers,doe anyone really race flat out,I know I do...

Guys help me here, let me know where you race and get treated like a person and have fun this was a washout in more ways than one.
J MAN

Old 09-10-2001, 02:13 PM
JMan

Reading from their own rulebook.....

If and event must be rescheduled due to inclement weather it will be rescheduled for the next or best available race day at the discretion of the event director.

Guess the Event Director decided to take the money and RUN!

If that doesn't take the cake, then come back to find a post which should obiviously embarrass the author with the language used. Guess that is one guy that doen't ever need any help?????

But we had FUN anyway.

Jim

Old 09-10-2001, 02:59 PM
You tell them J-man.

Your just lucky I didn't show up, HEHEHE

I guess my working friday night and saturday morning was a blessing from the L gods.

I personally think they should have a GEN1 and 2 bracket class and then have a GEN 1 and 2 heads up who's got the biggest ***** of them all class. I hate this brakcet chit! just ticks me off when I race someone and get knocked out cause I went to fast and broke out of my E.T. range. I'm sorry but she's unpredictable just like a real woman

I remember the mod motor shootout guys talking about a heads up class at the next mod motor shootout. that should be nice, lets just hope some of these secret turbo projects don't show up to whoop some a$$. HEHEHEHE

Old 09-10-2001, 04:18 PM
Angry

Well Jim
Seems as though they forgot the rule books,didn't forget to take the money.Was a real disappointment,seems like you plan for these things and the only thing you can count on is waiting to run, or not running at all.I'm going to contact the Strip and see why they didn't follow their own race criteria.

RT
Don't think you would have liked that little ranger that runs 11.30's and lower he was the 2000 Top Truck Champion so I think he mihght have put a hurtin on ya.As far as the bracket racing ,guess if that doesn't suit ya they have a class they call PRO 5.0 run as fast as ya like....To bad you couldn't have come anyway, we had fun,and a couple our Chicagoland buddys showed up so all was not lost,just our money.

Old 09-10-2001, 05:14 PM
We all need to get together and party one of these weekends before winter hybernation!

Old 09-10-2001, 06:34 PM
Lightbulb

Good idea Rt......pass it along
J MAN

Old 09-12-2001, 10:51 PM
TTT

Old 09-13-2001, 01:18 AM
Talking

I'm always ready...are refreshments included, and are we going to change tires again....maybe new rims/tires this time....let's do it in the dark

...BigD...

Old 09-13-2001, 10:49 AM
ttt

Quick Reply: FF Weekend Cordova !!!!!!!!!!!