Lightning

Anyone heard of Aquamist

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2001 | 10:52 AM
|
Anyone heard of Aquamist

I have a friend who was telling me about a product called aquamist. It is a system that injects water into your intake and helps to cool off the supercharger. Their site it www.aquamist.co.uk . Has anyone used this or know of any good/bad side effects of using it?

Old 09-10-2001 | 11:43 AM
Water spray is used to control heat related detonation. it will not give you more power, unless you plan to utilize it, by running much higher boost. i use a 25% alcohol spray on a 12psi novi (non-intercooled) and have never had a problem.

Old 09-10-2001 | 12:29 PM
|
Do you have a gen 1 or a gen 2?

Old 09-10-2001 | 12:40 PM
11secL

I'm supposed to be gettin in on this group buy to but I'm not sure if its even going to be needed for us.

Basically this thing just stops you from detonation, right! I'm not sure.

I'll wait and see what other L's do it and see what effects they have.

We already have enough water leaking in with the IC leak< HEHEHE

Old 09-10-2001 | 01:30 PM
|
lol r/t

Old 09-10-2001 | 01:41 PM
Water Injection has been around for decades. It works if you need to control detonation or "pinging." I don't know what this system is like bu the old ones you hac to be careful no to let it run dry. Also, in the winter you will need to put some alcohol in the mix to keep it from freezing.

Old 09-10-2001 | 01:45 PM
We've been playing with the Aquamist system here and there. So far nothing to really brag about. They work much better on NON-intercooled vehicles. If we find a magic combo, I'll let everyone know.

Old 09-10-2001 | 02:59 PM
Have you guys thought about using alcohol injection? I know it's not as easy for you guys to "turn the boost up", but on the turbo V-6 we can see about 5-7psi more boost on 93 octane when injecting rubbing alcohol in front of the throttle body. On our motors 1psi is good for roughly 10-15hp. Now my only concern would be that the water/alcohol would be going through the supercharger and would have a corrosive effect. On our vehicles we can inject it after the turbo, before it enters to motor, but you guys really can't. I'm curious to see what the long term effects would be internally on the supercharger. What rpm do the rotors turn at inside the blower? I imagine this may be where some of the problem comes in with a turbo is the speed at which it turns, so if the rotors on your supercharger turn a lot slower.....it may not be such a shock when the atomized water/alcohol hit it. Also, it's fairly easy to make your own system. All you need is a bottle,....windsheild washer resevoir for example, a cheap fuel pump, Hobbs switch (pressure activated switch), some line, and a REALLY small nitrous jet. Set the Hobbs switch for whatever boost you want the system to start injecting.

Old 09-11-2001 | 12:10 AM
11secL: MRBBQMAN runs the NOVI on his v10 dodge.
i've heard that his dodge and lightning will fight if parked next to each other.

brooks, or something

Old 09-11-2001 | 12:58 AM
Lightbulb Just a thought

Hi-Psi:
Hey, I would suggest not using rubbing alcohol. It contains lanolyn (a moisturizer that can soften rubber components, o-rings and some gaskets).
If you want some good clean alcohol to run, you can go to your local HomeDepot or other hardware store, go to the paint stripper section and get "Completely DeNatured Alcohol" its like 99% pure and contains no additives like rubbing alcohol.
Just my .02.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of Aquamist