Lightning

Afternoon in the Garden of Good and Evil

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon in the Garden of Good and Evil

Interesting title dont you think ?

I've concluded that Chevy owners + football + alcohol = STUPID.
This is not meant to flame any decent open Chevy owner but this is what happened last weekend here in Athens at a UGA tailgate party. For some perverted reason Lightning trucks seem to draw out the worst behavior in a certain strain of DNA deficient chevy owners. This past Sat was a pretty day...just had my Silver 01 Bolt all detailed out with her new Bedrug and off to party with old friends at the pregame tailgate on campus. My friends found a real nice spot up on a dormitory grass plot to park....so carefully pulled her up on the grass (on a easy slope)...
In this position the L was about 25 ft from the sidewalk and the game passerbys started to come over and with wide eyes admire the truck....many nice compliments from lots of nice folks...then the first idiot showed up..( a Vett owner).First comment was "no stupid fancy truck could ever beat a Vett". By this time all my friends were there so wanted everything to go well. I asked the guy (a stranger) "why would you come over here to insult my truck". He replied that he just hated Fords. I stated to him that "if my Bolt threatened your manhood that much you should kindly leave"......well....then two more guys decided to come over during this life enriching conversation and added their two cents to the "conversaton". Here we go again; one has a hopped up ck1500 and the other a new 01 Cammaro....now there are 3 of them and they all HATE my truck. While all this is going on,8 of my friends are quietly (one a Trooper)watching to see if this escalates and if their help is needed.....these guys were so rude....while they are foaming at the mouth in denied envy I have a bunch of little kids playing happily on the new Bedrug....the Chevy truck owner states "no Ford anything can out run or out work a chevy"...the other demented lost soul fool chimes in with " The fancy looks of the truck are just that...nothing to back it up". I had enough and asked all 3 of them if their genetic background was flawed. Then they realized that there were 8 rather aggresive and large friends ready to come over and ...well....do whatever...these guys were just bad examples of what a lack of discipline and intelligence can do. I see more hostility toward these special trucks coming from chevy owners than any other group....Have any of you'll come accross any of this nonsense.
The offending idiots then left without saying another word (it's good to have BACKUP)and the party went on very well....nice folks continued to stop over and ask questions about the L.
I dont think I'll bring her to another game though....but it would be quite a sight if I could find some other bolt owners close by ( 3 or 4 ) to show up at one of the future UGA games with me....Even up the odds I'd say.....that be a lot of heavy duty horsepower. I think the one thing I said to the "demented ones" that upset them the most was "how big was their Driveshaft". I said my driveshaft was bigger than theirs and they could crawl under my truck and take a look for themselves(are youll getting this ?)...this really insulted their manhood...one of them did look at the L driveshaft and came from underneath the truck with an embarassed look upon his face...by this time some women were standing close by and started laughing at the 3 Chevy guys. End of story.

Old 09-13-2001, 08:20 AM
MOON, good 'story'.....

I had a slightly different reaction from some FSU coeds last Fri nite. Stopped for gas on I-75(m/m 146) after runnin' a 13.109 in Reynolds.

Four Florida-tag cars were fillin' up too--on the way to last Sat's FSU game? Two gals kept staring at my silver L--or me(ROTFLMAO) as I poured the shell 93 in to the hole in my Ls flank. They kept lookin' and whisperin' back and forth--I surreptitiously checked my Wrangler's fly and kept pumpin'.

The 'convoy' started up and as the coed's vehicle(Expedition) rolled by, they stuck their lovely heads in the window opening and hollered " Bitchin' truck mannn! We lovvvve your truck! I knew it---they were just embarrassed to say it was 'me' they were gigglin' about....hehehe.

Btw, good 'title' on your post...enjoyed the 'book' several yrs. ago. And your line about your driveshaft--priceless!

Dan

Old 09-13-2001, 08:43 AM
LMAO! You guys are too much. Wish I was there with you Moon man. Checking out all the Georgia peaches running around at the game.
Dan, you should have asked if they wanted a ride.

Last edited by Chipper; 09-13-2001 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-13-2001, 09:39 AM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
plain and simple............SUPERCHARGER & BIG 'SHAFT ENVY..

should have told them to go whack off their mullets.

Last edited by Speedin Bob; 09-13-2001 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-13-2001, 01:02 PM
LIGHTNINROD:
I agree with you....it must have been the real animal in you that
"aroused" their curiosity....no way it could have been your Lightning...hmm.....yes I especially like the "driveshaft" attack...it's such a low flying insult they totally missed it.

Chipper:
Wish you and other Bolt folks were there too. It's pretty lowdown
when 3 chevy guys gang up and want to take on 1 L owner....as it turned out they were embarassed and could not figure out why....doesn't say much for the "bowtie" crowd.
We do have some very nice "peaches" here in Georgia; especially at home games....it's great for your harmones!

Speedin Bob:
Yes Bob.....these guys (too much inbreeding) certainly had "big shaft envy"....and sorry to say the ONLY known cure is to renounce in public the error of their ways and immediatly visit the nearest SVT dealer and "buy" the "CURE"....also a crash course in personality reconstruction would be required.

Old 09-13-2001, 01:12 PM
Boy Moon, every time I read one of you and Dan's posts, I get more and more home sick.
BTW, I know what you mean 'bout dem dar peaches. I married me one.

Last edited by Chipper; 09-13-2001 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2001, 01:41 PM
Ok Chipper, since your homesick I'll tell you the story of the "Mad Mexican in a DAYGLOW PURPLE F-150 with tires sticking out 1 ft each side and exhaust pipes long enough to reach Mars". When I had my 2000 white L, had gone to my favorite coffee place in the morning prior to work at 7 am....I always park directly in front of the store at a slight angle so I can keep an eye on the beast....
The manager and I are discussing "guy stuff" when we hear this LOUD roar of gutted mufflers pulling around the corner and here comes Mr DAYGLOW (alias MR BAD) in this glow in the dark F-150 from hell......he then pulls SLOWLY up to and behind the rear bumper of the L.....stops....turns up his gazzilion watt mexican stereo...STARES and STARES at the L.....spits out the window in a act of wild wild west come out and fight lunancy.....by now everyone in the store is watching this LIVE performance of mental illness.......he then backs up 10 feet....floors the gas pedal to the great beyond...does an exciting 360 sloppy donut.....stops again behind the L and STARES again....Now all of you should know by now that I AM NOT IN my TRUCK...THERE IS NO ONE IN MY TRUCK!!!! HE DOES NOT EVEN KNOW ME.. This guy is doing some strange Mexican come out and race me or use western pistols duel thingy....well he does ANOTHER donut ....then leaves the store property. I look at the dumbfounded manager and say "did'nt i tell you that some people react VERY strangely to this Lightning trucks".....Because of this SHOWTIME special edition I got free coffee and biscuits all week....end of story.

Old 09-13-2001, 01:50 PM
LOL! That doesn't surprise me at all. He didn't throw any gravel or anything that hit your Bolt did he? That's grounds for termination. You should have walked out there like Clint and said "Do you feel lucky, Punk?". Na..... nevermind, people like that aren't worth it.

Old 09-13-2001, 02:37 PM
Chipper,
The parking lot was smooth concrete so no debris was thrown toward the Bolt....the only damage was to this persons reputation as a LOSER.....and defective human being.
Now I do have a story in 1996 when my 96 white Cobra was DAMAGED at a McDonalds..by the landscape crew...maby will post that story latter.....gota let the excitement build you know.

Old 09-13-2001, 02:48 PM
Alright Bob...........

Originally posted by Speedin Bob
plain and simple............SUPERCHARGER & BIG 'SHAFT ENVY..

should have told them to go whack off their mullets.
you're going to have to curtail the 'mullet' comments--I have one---at 62 yrs. of age. (I think it embarrasses our 25 yr. old son-LOL)

I don't know what would have happened if i had taken them on a 13.xxx ride--oh no!--I don't have Wetoakleles!!!

Chipper: my wife just finished boilin' our first batch of peanuts. We get 'em from Hardy Farms out of Eastman(aren't you from Cochran?)--Pulaski County. She will boil several more batches so we can have them throughout most of the coming year. wish you get some...

Dan

Old 09-13-2001, 02:58 PM
Angry Errrrr Why I oughta!.....

Did you have to tell me that Dan? No I'm not from Cochran. Just went to college there (Middle Diddle). I was born in Columbus, Ga but moved here to OK from Warner Robins. I'm drooling from my jealousy.

Quick Reply: Afternoon in the Garden of Good and Evil