Lightning

Proud to be a L owner (long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2001, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Proud to be a L owner (long)

I had the best day of ownership so far. I'm driving on the freeway, at around 85 km/h, speed limit 90, when I see these 2 black cars closing up fast. Freeway is empty, so I move over to the right, not looking for trouble.

It's 2 brand new vehicles, an Audi TT ragtop and a Honda S2000, driven by guys around 30'ish. They would slow down to 80 (km/h)or so next to each other, and one of them would show 3-2-1 with his fingers and they would be off.

They did this once far behind me, and then right in front of me. As they sped off, I sped up, catching up when they slowed down again.

So I sneaked over to the left hand lane(empty), the truck's nose right on the door of the S2000. They looked over at me but clearly did not view me as a participant. So they started counting down, and I went with them. Or rather, sucked the paint off the S2000's driver's door as I went past. I went up to the 3-4 shift (around 185 km/h) and backed off waiting for them to catch up.

I rolled the window down and waited. They were astounded. Both could not believe it was stock. After Tuesday, this made me feel a little better...

Quick Reply: Proud to be a L owner (long)