Lightning

What is wrong with these men??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001 | 01:46 PM
I agree that we all need to stick together as American's to rid ourselves of the ENEMY!

The Religious aspect is something that would be displayed whether we were attacked or not. The post just brought out the true feelings of those on the board.

Unity prevails!

Old 09-14-2001 | 01:47 PM
Noel,

I believe you are confusing Allah with Mohammed.

Allah is God/Jehovah/The Creator. Mohammed was a prophet of Allah. Mohammed did not claim his own divinity. Of course he also denied the divinity of Jesus, regarding him also as a prophet.

Judaism, Islam and Christianity share a core set of beliefs that is so fundamental, that it always amazes me how ignorant and intolerant we are of one another.

Old 09-14-2001 | 01:50 PM
Lightbulb

noel, they also refered to nature and natures god in the Declaration of Independence. If you read it they specifically left out the name(s) of any particular deity. The term "god" is a catchall term for many different deitys and using the phrase "god" has a different meaning depending on the real estate that you are standing on.

Old 09-14-2001 | 01:52 PM
Gordon, right.
Mohammed not Allah wrote the Koran and is who I was referring.
noelvm

Old 09-14-2001 | 01:55 PM
4D THUNDER--Can you name any one of the founding fathers that was a believer in any other God rather than the Christian God?
noelvm

Old 09-14-2001 | 01:57 PM
Thumbs down

Originally posted by 99svtlightning
I agree that we all need to stick together as American's to rid ourselves of the ENEMY!

Nutwell and Phat Robertson added to the radical Allah element pretty much sums up who the enemy is.

Old 09-14-2001 | 02:00 PM
Washington and Jefferson(among many others) were both Deists. If you require more you'll have to wait until I have access to that info.

Old 09-14-2001 | 02:04 PM
who cares about the founding fathers in what they believed in??? i cant believe you are arguing about something so meaningless.

Old 09-14-2001 | 02:14 PM
Originally posted by lightning al
who cares about the founding fathers in what they believed in??? i cant believe you are arguing about something so meaningless.
I for one feel no ill will toward noel or any other that professes their religious preference. This is a right grant by and protected by The Constitution. I am merely expressing a clarification of what years of religionist revisionism has attempted to erase.

Old 09-14-2001 | 03:04 PM
|
WOW, I got up this afternoon and I thought this thread would have been closed due to my earlier harsh words, which I did regret to a point.

This is a good stopping point and lets live as one!!!!

Old 09-14-2001 | 03:33 PM
Cool

Arguing over religious beliefs is where this all came from. Those of you that think this a religious war you are wrong. This is a fight for a belief that we all have which is democracy and freedom.

I myself don't believe in a higher being of any kind. I feel that religion was something that was created to explain the unknown and to control the people. Myself I don't have a fear of the unknown. I can just except the fact that at this point in time are technology hasn't evolved to the point where they can explain or prove how the universe was created. I'm not sure our minds could comprehend it at this point in time anyway. Religion is based on blind faith, it can't be proven. The big bang theory is just that, a theory, it can't be proven either, at least not yet. So why argue over religious beliefs? They can't be proven, we all have beliefs, but none of us can prove them at this point in time.

We are all prepared to give our lives to defend democracy, freedom, and the "American way of life" why bring relgion into it? Thats what started almost every war since the begining of time.

Old 09-14-2001 | 03:50 PM
Sweet Mother Of Mercy!

Just when you think you have the "idiotic threads" wellhead capped (see the recently locked "Pinched" thread), we find ourselves with a veritable GUSHER on our hands.

Gentlemen - what happened Tuesday was solely the work of men - men who have fervent hatred for the United States of America and everything it represents, and who also (we assume) happen to coincidentally follow the Muslim faith. Note my use of the term "assume", as we do not know, with certainty at this point, what the religious affiliation of these nasty bastards was, nor does it fudamentally matter. If it turns out that they all had a bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast, should we bomb all of the General Mills factories?

If you insist on seeing this as a conflict not between men, but against gods who pull the strings of their adherents like so many marionettes, consider this fact:

Their God (Allah) kicked your God's rear end Tuesday. How can that be?

The truth is, the United States of America and its allies will prevail in this conflict. A very hard hammer blow will fall on a variety of Middle Eastern terrorist individuals/organizations/states/nations. That blow will be primarily delivered by AMERICANS, a significant number of which will be Jews, Hindus, Shintos, Atheists, Wiccans, Buddhists, Tribalists, and yes, MUSLIMS. I do not doubt that a fair number of them will even claim membership to the Church of Satan.

Good, law-abiding Americans come in all flavors, and I happen to work and live around a fair variety. When the time comes, these folks of ALL creeds and races will strike a harsh and fatal blow against our enemies. I thoroughly expect that the various host of deities will sit this one out on the sidelines and let us slug it out for ourselves.

When the brimstone starts raining down from the sky, I encourage all of you to lay a big "I TOLD YOU SO" on me. Until then, let's keep some perspective. If your faith helps you through these tough times, then by all means take comfort in it. But PLEASE dont try to ram it down everyone's throat and try to mold the current situation to satisfy your system of beliefs.

Old 09-14-2001 | 05:12 PM
Angry

Silver-Y2K-SVT

Looking over your last 30 or so posts you have had little if anything to say that wasnt attacking or belittleing the members here. No contributions, nothing but negativity.

This forum is not maintained so you can take out your frustrations on people.

Please take a second look at your next post before you click send. If it looks like your last 30 or so posts dont click submit. Just close your browser and tunr off your computer and see about the issues that are making you react the way you are to strangers posts on the internet.

I would have preferred to send this to you in email but you have declined that abiility in your profile.

Doug

Old 09-14-2001 | 05:21 PM
Get your facts straight

For the record:

It was Jimmy Swaggart that got involved with the prostitute and embezzeled money.

Muhhamed is the father of Islam not Allah. Allah is known as the God of Muhhamed; whereas, Jehovah is the God of Abraham. I believe both Allah and Jehovah are the same God to both religions. It's just how they go from there to live out each of their faiths and elevate each of their religious texts to be the word of God or Allah.

Old 09-14-2001 | 05:30 PM
Muslims and Christians worship the same God.;Allah/Jehovah. Muslims recognize Jesus, but only as a prophet.

Quick Reply: What is wrong with these men??