Lightning

What is wrong with these men??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001 | 08:48 AM
|
Thumbs down What is wrong with these men??

I was on my way home from work this morning and I was listening to the radio and they were talking about the tragedy, and I caught a conversation about what Jerry Falwell, and Pat Robertson thought about the attacks.

Get this.......They said, "WE HAD IT COMING!!!!!!" They said this because of the way we are, and that is not like them. They said because we allow the mixing of races and marriages of gays, and the support of freedom of choice and the Jewish community thriving in the USA!! I think this is the most assanine and ignorant thing I have ever heard.

I have never liked either of these men because of their communist like view about making everybody follow them which would classify a "EVIL CULT" goal in mind. To control everybody and make everybody think the same way.

In the past these two men have shown their faiths, which I think they have none, they just want your money, when falwell was caught with prostitutes and embezzeling money.

I just have one statement to these men: Have fun in HELL with Osama Bin Laden!!!!!

I am sorry to talk like this Steve and Doug and everybody here, but comments like these are not needed at a time like this.

Old 09-14-2001 | 09:02 AM
I don't know to whether to give

you the benefit of the doubt or not. You either 'mis-heard' or are willfully lying. You stated one misstatement after another---sad.

Dan

Old 09-14-2001 | 09:15 AM
|
Unhappy

Dan,

I am not trying to start another hole in the already gapping one, but it is written the washington post!!! I just can't believe they said that!!!!

Why, why, why

It made the newscaster on the radio to start crying in which I teared up.

I am a pretty sensitive guy and I am not afraid to say it. I DO appoligize for my "HELL" statement. I was mad when I wrote that.

I just want everybody in America to stick together and not make up excuses for Tuesday's tragedy. We all need to stick together.

Old 09-14-2001 | 09:43 AM
everyone has different ways of expressing grief. its important above all else to be tolerant of all people who live in canada and the united states right now. we live here because we value freedom. its more important than ever to be tolerant of each other and be as one against this vermin that threatens our very way of life. dont pick fights with each other its not going to do any of us any good.

Old 09-14-2001 | 09:54 AM
You may not agree with someone elses views, but there are surely those who do not agree with yours...including me! I wouldn't pass judgement without all the facts. Since we never know all the facts, simply don't pass judgement on someone's spirituality.

Old 09-14-2001 | 10:13 AM
Angry

ANYBODY,
And I mean anybody who has the mindset that we deserved what happened this week should spend sometime overseas.You don't know how good you got it till it's gone.I've been there and done it, I know that I'm damn lucky to live in this country as are all of us.If you don't feel the same way there are many roads leading out of here,go we don't want or need your type in this most blessed of all lands.

I don't get into the spritual part of this , just the facts.It would seem to me that these two men talking about this have many faults of their own as do we all,but to say what I HEARD is not acceptable in the Home of the free and land of the brave.

Old 09-14-2001 | 10:13 AM
Old 09-14-2001 | 10:51 AM
Read the whole thing. The second to the last paragraph states

I put all the blame legally and morally on the actions of the terrorist," he said. But he said America's "secular and anti-Christian environment left us open to our Lord's [decision] not to protect. When a nation deserts God and expels God from the culture . . . the result is not good."

This nation rose to greatness as a nation under God. Today we are largely a pagan nation. We have, as a nation turned our back on God, and God is turning his back on us. In that sense we have noone to blame but ourselves.

noelvm

Referring to the unrepentant or unsaved 1 Cor 9-10 says

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Last edited by noelvm; 09-14-2001 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2001 | 10:54 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2001Sep14.html

Direct quote from the article:

"I put all the blame legally and morally on the actions of the terrorist," he said. But he said America's "secular and anti-Christian environment left us open to our Lord's [decision] not to protect. When a nation deserts God and expels God from the culture . . . the result is not good."

Old 09-14-2001 | 11:02 AM
"In the past these two men have shown their faiths, which I think they have none, they just want your money, when falwell was caught with prostitutes and embezzeling money. "

While not a fan of either, neither one, Falwell, nor Robertson were ever caught doing what you claim. You are thinking of a couple of other televanglists.

Rex

Old 09-14-2001 | 11:16 AM
The fact is, our country has fallen away from the christian principals that the country was founded on. God has blessed our country because we were the first county on earth that was specifically founded as a christian nation. i know that liberals hate to hear this, but an investigation of the facts will reveal that nearly all of our founding fathers were devout christians, and they founded our country because they believed in the freedoms and ideas taught in the bible.

That said, we cannot say for sure that this attack on our country was a result of our sin, although this type of thing happened to the Israelites all the time because of their sin and as a result of their falling away from God (see basically the entire old testament, especially prophetic books). Luke 13:1-5 tells us that the specific people that died in these incidends were no more deserving of this than anyone else (indeed we all deserve death for our sin, it is only through the accpetance of the sacrifice of Jesus that we are saved), but I think that our recent (meaning in the last 40 years) falling away from God as a nation cannot be ruled out as one of the reasons for this attack.

The fact is, If we as a country do not turn back to God, he will withdraw his hand of blessing that has been opon us for the last 200 years; and apart from God we can do nothing and will be at the mercy of our enemies.

Old 09-14-2001 | 11:24 AM
Thumbs down

And religion rears its ugly head once again this week...

Old 09-14-2001 | 11:30 AM
I myself happen to be a Christian, but I do not believe that forcing the national as a whole to follow a specific set of beliefs is at all proper.

There are many different religions and people here in the US, not all of them are Christian.

While I agree that a lack of sprituality is a bad thing, I do not agree that everyone should "become Christian" and we'll all be happy and good. Being "more Christian" would not have saved us from terrorism.

I have friends that are Buddhist and Hindi, and my own brother is a practicing native american spiritualist. They are all good people, they all have solid good beliefs and they all believe in faith and higher powers.

Daniel

Old 09-14-2001 | 11:33 AM
israelites believe in god, go to their synagogues and see. here we go again picking on the jews, sheeeesh will it never stop. actions speak louder than words, concentrate you guys, concentrate on who did this. and for gods sake, for once, just once stop looking for a group to blaim that didnt do it. both muslims who call america home, or jews or whoever you need to make you feel better by finding blame in someone or some group who didnt do it. and dont hide behind slanted views on what the bible said in your own interpretation of it.

Old 09-14-2001 | 11:42 AM
Pawn, I confused.

Jesus said "The only way to the father is through me." If you believe this then you also have to believe that all other "religionss" are false and lead to hell.

The concept that all religions are like spokes of a wheel leading to one God is from satan and does not wash with the Christian Bible.

When our nation was founded as "One nation Under God" what was meant was JESUS CHRIST, not muslums, buddists, shintoist, confuscist, and all the other FALSE religions.

You want to stop this terrorism. Are you prepared to wipe out all the palastineians, and all the rest of the muslems in the world. Who is going to look into each ones heart and determine what they truly beleve?

We can get the guys responsible for this but will it stop terrorism against the US?

I doubt it.

noelvm

Quick Reply: What is wrong with these men??