Lightning

Can you get rebates with an x-plan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001 | 12:56 PM
|
Can you get rebates with an x-plan?

First, when F-150 rebates are available, do they apply to the lightning too?

Second, if the above applies, then can you use them with an x-plan?

Old 09-14-2001 | 02:16 PM
According to the salesman I checked with, no.

Old 09-14-2001 | 02:50 PM
The rebates may or may not apply to the lightning, they are all different.

Any rebate that does happen to apply to the lightning will still apply with x-plan.

In some cases there are actually rebates that only apply to x-pln. They too may, or may not apply to the lightning.

Old 09-15-2001 | 10:22 AM
Purchased the L on X-plan...from what I was able to gather up before buying, Ford offers no rebates/incentives on it's SVT vehicles. The only offer that I was able to use on the L at the time was the College Grad rebate AND it specifically stated that ALL Ford products were eligible...I qualified but the fine print on the document said not to use with any A-,X-,D-,etc., plans so all I ended up with was the X-plan only.
In short, to your question, no.

Old 09-16-2001 | 12:58 AM
Bought my supercrew with x-plan and got 1500 in nornal rebates plus a special 750 (total 2250) rebate referred to as "x-plan" rebate.

So.......again.....rebates may not be available on SVT vehicles...but they clearly are not affected by x-plan

Old 09-16-2001 | 09:40 AM
Hey logical,

Long time no talk to.

Are you saying that you got the KR for $2,250 under x plans already good deal. If so then you stole the sucker, hey?

I can get invoice price with no problem but under invoice is dipping into the dealers only money they can make, from what I understand. I think the dealer holdback is something like 3% of MSRP, so a $37,000 MSRP will net the dealer a holdback amount of $1,110.

Just curious and maybe jealous if way under invoice with normal discounts! I already looked into the EAA and their arrangement. I'm a big aviation buff anyway but just was not sure if I could save alot more than I was already getting when buying at invoice plus the normal discounts. If I'm right, I think the only difference between my arrangement and x plan is the x plan is below invoice by like 4%. Do you know if the EAA arrangement with Ford is exactly the same plan as x plan?

Is the amount under invoice based on MSRP or invoice? I think I read this somewhere on this site but I'm sure you know it right off the bat.

I'm still waiting to order the KR. Just want to get the best deal before I jump, plus I'm still trying to sell my '00 4x4 Scab to see if I can beat what the dealer is offering for it.

Thanks,
DaveMan

Old 09-17-2001 | 09:07 AM
Hello Daveman-

Yes, I got the KR for 2250 under x-plan due to all the rebates. Sticker was $37,605 and I paid around something under $31,000. (forget exact amount) plus tax of course.

X-plan is not 4% below invoice. It is 4% above A-plan, which is the Ford employee plan.

The math is complicated (not suggesting you wouldn't follow it, but I type with two, maybe three fingers), but x-plan works out to around $300 under invoice on a $35,000-ish sticker price. Again, it is calculated by working up for a price that has a lot of the holdback and such removed but always comes out around to about 1% less than invoice. That isn't much but keep in mind there are sometimes "bonus" rebates for x-plan buyers only on top of any "normal" rebates. These rebates are what made x-plan a big deal in my purchase...bvecause like you, I could probably negociate a non-Xplan price of around invoice.

My biggest luck was hitting all the rebate timing properly.

Old 09-17-2001 | 01:33 PM
To annswer your question,normal mfg rebates for f150 will not apply to L,but college grad @$400 would.I just got an 01'expedition @ D-plan and got $2500 mfg rebate/$1000 competetive make veh. rebate/$500 laese renwal rebate/$400 a/x/d plan rebate.Total of $4400!!2 yr lease pmt @$439 incl tax!w/no cash out of pocket!$37k msrp!Just bough a really sweet set of concept neeper 18's for it.Looks sharp.Hope this helps.

Old 09-17-2001 | 06:38 PM
Cool

I got one in the mail that says 750.00 bonus cash for the purchase of ANY f150-550 and it came as a result of my 00 purchase of an f150,this being my L.It says above and beyond any offer currently available with no fine print b.s. Is bonus cash the same as a rebate?

Old 09-17-2001 | 08:48 PM
Hey logical,

Thanks for the reply. Damn you are lucky, and I'm jealous, but I'm sure that there is someone out there that can beat that deal too, but not many.

Did you forfeit the low interest rate for the rebates or did you get a great rate too? What rate did you end up with in the end if you don't mind me asking?

Hey ib fast,

How long ago did you receive that $750 discount coupon? I also purchased a '00 4x4 Scab but have seen no coupon. I wonder if Ford may have sent it to my old address as I have moved since purchasing the truck in Nov '99.

Thanks guys,

Love to hear back too.
DaveMan

Old 09-17-2001 | 10:01 PM
Cool

Daveman,i received the bonus cash coupon about 3 weeks ago and it says i would have to take delivery from dealer stock[8- 01 Lightnings as of today] by 10-8 01.

Old 09-17-2001 | 10:16 PM
So ib fast,

Whatcha gonna do, buy one a dos '01s or what?

Or ya just stil thinkin?

Wish I had one a dem der coupins, know what I mean man?

Just havin fun with the writin, ifin ya know what I mean?

DaveMan.

Old 09-18-2001 | 12:26 AM
I didn't finance it daveman so the choice was easy. I am not made of money or anything but had some cash freed up at the time and just bought it. Felt good to get off the 'Lease treadmill' after 3 leased vehicles.

Old 09-18-2001 | 12:39 AM
That's cool logical, don't think I can say that for some time. Seems that the more dough one has the better the deals get, why is that?

BTW, do you need a two bit cady or a car wash boy, need to finance that damn screw I've been moaning and groaning over for the last month. I think my finger prints are just about gone from typing so damn much just talking about truck stuff.

Thanks for the info though. Also, I don't know if you will be pissed off or glad but the '01 KR I've been talking about with the rear bucket idea is, get ready, chestnut.

Troy, don't be mad, there's no charcoal's on the lot, besides I haven't signed in blood yet!! '02 is still possible.

DaveMan

Old 09-18-2001 | 06:30 AM
Talking

Daveman, i would give it to anyone that wants it if my name address and program #,certificate# ect were not on it. I doubt anyone else could use it.It states offer is transferable within my POOR household. It also states that if you live in the south COUSINS are included lol.If it were good on a 01L,i would consider using it.As far as work trucks, i have a 99 off road with 50k that should last a few more years. So does anyone know if this bonus cash is considered a rebate or good on an 01 L?

Last edited by ib fast; 09-18-2001 at 06:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Can you get rebates with an x-plan?