Lightning

An Import gave me a run !

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2001, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol

Hey 2001SlvrBullet,
when clowns like this make idiotic replies about your kills, just don't respond to them. Act as if they never even posted any thing back to your post! Don't worry, anyone who appreciate talking shop about our trucks (or even any other race/car,) enjoys a good kill story.

Ford 2001 SVT F150-
Out here in California (and I don't mean in ANY way to start an argument ,) we have PLENTY of import/muscle cars that run 9's-12's consistantly. In Northern California there are A LOT of places that people race, so you always have groups of people competing to be the best, come out and take a LQQK

Let's just all get along..
What's that old adage?.. If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it.

Old 09-16-2001, 09:00 AM
I probably should keep my nose out of this but I can't stop myself.

I think fast cars and trucks are great subjects of discussion along with how the final setup is configured. Basically, if you want to go fast you just pour money in until you get the result you desire and it always has been this way and it always will be.

I don't understand why you guys all seem to condone street racing. Damn, do you guys realize how many feet it would take to stop if something unforseen pulled out in front of you going 120 mph. It might be one of your friends or family that gets killed here. You will have to live with killing or maming someone for the rest of your life.

Race tracks are for racing and streets are for getting from A to B safely.

I used to drag race years ago at a local strip and I know how obcessing racing and high performance cars and trucks can be, but come on, it's just not smart to do it in the street anymore.

I have a two year old son now and every time some punk comes down my neighborhood street running 50 or 60 and sometimes ever faster in a 25 zone makes me furious since I know my son would be instantly killed if he was to get away from me just for a second. Want to guess what I would want to do to the driver of some speeder if they accidently killed my son on my front street?

Think about all that when you discuss killing something on the steets again.

I apologize for being a nerd but highway safety is paramount and racing is for tracks. Ask any professional racer and I bet you get a similar response.

DaveMan

Old 09-16-2001, 09:29 AM
these days it seems you can't post anything on the boards without it being picked apart. Nice kill. A kill by any other name is still a kill.

Old 09-16-2001, 10:17 AM
indeed a nice kill

Sound like you did good, its to bad other poeple want to tear down your happiness jsut so tehy cna feel better about themselves. btw why would u go 140 when theres street lights heh. I barely am brave enough to go 140's on highways . Wish i lived in cali instead of massachusetts

Old 09-16-2001, 10:58 AM
Okay,

I give up with trying to use common sense here. I had a feeling I shouldn't have commented and I guess my gut feeling was right.

Lightning owners apparently think alike and I just don't understand your views concerning street racing.

I think some took me as trying to be negative about your kill and the only thing I was trying to say is racing is cool but just not on the street and that's it. I used to love to race but mostly on track where it's safe and made for that purpose.

I guess since Ford developed the Lightning in the first place they apparently condone street racing too.

Man, I know I'm sticking with the safe side but don't take my comments as being negative about winning a race, it's just where it took place.

DaveMan

Old 09-16-2001, 11:03 AM
Dave,
It wasnt your comments. I dont agree with street racing. It was other comments posted by other people.

Old 09-16-2001, 11:10 AM
I'm not calling BS on his story...I'm just curious what a turbo timer does for a Lightning. Simple question...requires a simple answer.

Old 09-16-2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by DAVEMAN

I guess since Ford developed the Lightning in the first place they apparently condone street racing too.

If you look at it that way most automobile manufacturers world wide condone street racing. The only ones that need to get on track is the government.

Old 09-16-2001, 12:33 PM
Okay easterisland,

I did get a laugh on that one. He//, the government vehicles can go as fast as they want to now, but that's just so they can catch the guys street racing or emergency vehicles racing to save the life of a speeder or a red light runner who crashed or ran into an innocent victim.

Besides I don't think manufactures of high performance vehicles instruct the owners to speed or race on streets but they do seem to temp us with so much power.

I'ts each persons choice to do what they think is right but speeders have no right to increase the risk of driving for those of us who are just trying to get to a destination.

I'm done here so I will back off now, you Lightning guys just have different interest than me and I will keep away from future comments on speeding since it seems to be so common and my views are so different. Never thought It was so important to go 140 mph on the street though. Damn, I'm getting too old for this.

DaveMan

Old 09-16-2001, 03:28 PM
Wink

DAVEMAN,
I will be the first to admit that I have done and do some stupid ***** on the street. I keep most of my racing at the track but I do love speed so I put her down quite often. Is it wrong? Yes, and I know it but I do it less than I use to. A lot of bad things happen when street racing gets out of hand and inocent people sometimes pay the price for the people that were racing. I think we are all aware of what can go wrong and atleast I do understand where you are coming from. But when push comes to shove and there is a race to be had (if the roads aren't too crowded) I give in to the chance to race. I am weak, I can't help it, I love to race and speed. And I hope that I am never the cause of anyones pain for my stupidty.
Bill

Old 09-16-2001, 03:33 PM
Sweet kill man!......Keep the kills coming and dont sweat the negative posts....Oh Yeah....JL products rock!!

Nick

Old 09-16-2001, 04:05 PM
Double post, sorry!! See below.

Last edited by Ford 2001 SVT F150; 09-16-2001 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2001, 04:15 PM
Strikes Twice,
Do you have any idea how different a 12 second car is from a 9 sec. car? I fully understand there are a lot of 12 second street cars around. I own a street driven 70 Dodge Super Bee myself that runs in the low elevens. It isn't a street car, although it is legal. I still do not believe their are large numbers of 9 sec. street cars around; 12 sec. cars...sure, even a few into the 11's and a very select few into 10's, but 9's are tough. You are looking @ 800+ HP, even in a lightweight body to get around 9.99. Is it possible, absolutely, but to suggest these cars are commonplace is ridiculous. BTW a 9 sec. street car is just talk until a timeslip from a reputable track supports the claims. We can all have 9 sec. cars on the 'net though.

Old 09-16-2001, 04:37 PM
Talking

The reason I have a Turbo Timer is because after running it hard off a freeway or getting caught up in a street race it gives the engine ample time to "time down" or get oil through the engine on an idle enabling it to cool down along with getting more of the intercooler through the supercharger. May not serve the same purpose as a Turbo as it does a supercharger (i.e reverse of the impeller) it still looks cool as it gives me a boost read out along with battery voltage and 1/4 time once set. So I think its a nice fix up to have cause it has lots of cool things with it. They cost around 135$ I can get good ones for around 90 bucks so if you want one contact me.

-Sam

Old 09-16-2001, 04:39 PM
well actually my lightning does the 1/4 in 8.5 seconds...so there!
...i wish!
now THAT would be cool!

Quick Reply: An Import gave me a run !