Lightning

An Import gave me a run !

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2001, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up hehe

2001SlvrBullet, I understand where your coming from. And yes I do know how vastly different 9-12 seconds is.. that is nearly 40 car lengths. While I don't have any time slips to prove it to you, I promise you there are 3 that I personally know of in our county and the two surrounding us. ACTUALLY.. if you come to our local (well, about 30-45min away) race track, Sears Point, I guarantee you will see plenty of cars around 9-10 seconds. I know it's tough to make a street car that fast, all it takes is money. I don't know if you understand this, but I kive right in the vicinity of Silicon Valley, and you know what that means? LOTS of money floating around. It is NOT uncommon to see ferrari's, twin turbo 911's, viper's, lamborghini's around town.

Old 09-16-2001, 06:35 PM
Nice job on the victory.

Darkhorse, I looked up a RX-7 test report (Road & Track August 1993) the stock car recorded a 5.5 0-60 and 14.0 1/4 @ 98.5. It was listed at 255 hp @ 6500 & 217 lb-ft @5000rpm. The Rod Millen version of the same car went 5.4 0-60 and 13.7 @ 103.5 in the 1/4. The modified car had an estimated 350 hp at 7500 rpm and 300 lb-ft at 6500 this car was running 15 pounds of boost. It sounds to me like the Millen car was significantly modified, did not go that much faster in the 1/4 and WOULD have been beaten in the 1/4 by the L discussed in this thread.

I welcome your reply.

Old 09-16-2001, 07:33 PM
damn guys, I beleive the kill, I was just wondering what pulley he is running to get 15lbs of boost!

Old 09-16-2001, 07:34 PM
Wow, I didn't know turbo timers did all that. It sounds like a pretty sweet setup...keep the kills coming!

Old 09-16-2001, 10:41 PM
Banned
Originally posted by REDHOTL
Nice job on the victory.

Darkhorse, I looked up a RX-7 test report (Road & Track August 1993) the stock car recorded a 5.5 0-60 and 14.0 1/4 @ 98.5. It was listed at 255 hp @ 6500 & 217 lb-ft @5000rpm. The Rod Millen version of the same car went 5.4 0-60 and 13.7 @ 103.5 in the 1/4. The modified car had an estimated 350 hp at 7500 rpm and 300 lb-ft at 6500 this car was running 15 pounds of boost. It sounds to me like the Millen car was significantly modified, did not go that much faster in the 1/4 and WOULD have been beaten in the 1/4 by the L discussed in this thread.

I welcome your reply.
REDHOTL,

By the guy’s post he posts like he killed a super modded RX-7, so I said BS! What part about this did you not get?

On top of this I said that I supposed that he raced an STOCK RX-7 which seems feasible, so in fact he won, but not against a really modded RX-7.

Let me make a post, true story.

I’ve also raced an RX-7 duel turbo. I smoked it off the line and it was a close race, but I barely beat him. Also I have almost every mod, but again I smoked-em on the line.

How about another I raced this silver Toyota Supra, well the race went like this; the light turned green I made a perfect launch and the supra left me like a bullet. Comming to a stop I almost stepped out of my truck while I was still going about 10 mph, I was amazed. The guy wouldnot tell me what he had done but he didn't look rich, no pillar gauges ect….

So I have a problem with the way he post his information, kind of like ‘hey baby I have a package that you wont believe’.

BS!

Last edited by dark_horse; 09-16-2001 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-16-2001, 11:15 PM
15 pound of boost is not hard to get i like to say really nice kill
im getting almost 16 pounds of boost with a lower and upper pulley. these trucks can do so much better with a better refined supercharger. and as far as rx7 go their junks import crap.

Old 09-17-2001, 03:13 AM
Banned
Originally posted by liquidlightning
15 pound of boost is not hard to get i like to say really nice kill
im getting almost http://abcnews.go.com/sections/commu...911.htmladdles 16 pounds of boost with a lower and upper pulley. these trucks can do so much better with a better refined supercharger. and as far as rx7 go their junks import crap.
please 16 lbs of boost, so now YOU are spinning your SC twice as fast as stock, but none of us can spin ours over 110%. When will the children stop posting?

As far as the import crap statement, well they ARE the fastest things on the street today my freind as far as numbers go. I've been in a modded NA/NSX of all things and wow I'm going to guess a 10 second car straight from Japan. OK it even has the F1 style butterfly shifting paddles. Probable a $100k car.

I guess you don't get around much?

Old 09-17-2001, 08:33 AM
15#'s sounds high with his mods, but you don't know what his guage is showing! It's also hard to tell from different angles, especially when you have the pedal to the metal.

Some of you guys must need to get married or something. That'll give you something to argue about instead of taking out your frustrations on other board members. You can worry about "discussing" why you need the next mod for your truck with your wife. That'll go over real well.

I run right around 14-15#'s, no biggie.

Old 09-17-2001, 10:21 PM
Talking

Darkhorse, my post was very short. It contained facts. The facts, contradicted your position. I will not connect the dots for you. You will have to THINK! Give it a try.

Also, that anger thing you have needs to go.

No hints from the audience please !

Old 09-17-2001, 11:12 PM
Post wheres the problem?

Nice Kill!!!

There is no doubt in my mind that a 12 second Lightning could beat a modded Rx7. Just because he had visible performance mods does not automatically mean he pulls 9's,10's in the 1/4!

Maybe its just jealousy, maybe some people are just set out to make other people mad...I just dont see the sense in saying he's lying about something he did, that was the result of performance work on his truck, that is something that everyone on this site comes for advise about....

It was just a freindly race w/a good outcome that he felt like sharing....wheres the problem here???

good job 2001slvr

Old 09-18-2001, 02:31 AM
Nice Kill....

Dark Horse...I can understand if you have questions, what I don't understand is your inability to convey them in a way that doesn't make you look like a jerk...

I street race. But I do it where the only people in danger are the ones who are aware of what they are involved in and the repercussions that it could entail. I also think it's stupid, if that makes any sense. But we do it in a place where we can minimize the risk as much as possible. I agree that doing it on a public street is asking for trouble and a guilty conscience and don't do that.

Damn, the guy just wanted to share his kill. Give him a break. If you have questions ask. Ya might just learn something, but I bet he already has a mom and he doesn't need to answer to any more...

CA

Old 09-18-2001, 02:40 AM
Ford 2001 SVT F150, I'm still awaiting your response from my last post Anyway, what if the guy DID have a HEAVY modded car, but he missed a gear, or maybe he got a worse launch than usual, possibly not hooking? There are MANY factors in racing. It could have been a 11-12 sec car, but he made a mistake. EITHER WAY, I've heard enough of these arguments Once again, beautiful kill, those RX-7's are fast none the less!!

Old 09-18-2001, 02:50 AM
Banned
Originally posted by WhiteLightninSVTGirl
Nice Kill....

Dark Horse...I can understand if you have questions, what I don't understand is your inability to convey them in a way that doesn't make you look like a jerk...

I street race. But I do it where the only people in danger are the ones who are aware of what they are involved in and the repercussions that it could entail. I also think it's stupid, if that makes any sense. But we do it in a place where we can minimize the risk as much as possible. I agree that doing it on a public street is asking for trouble and a guilty conscience and don't do that.

Damn, the guy just wanted to share his kill. Give him a break. If you have questions ask. Ya might just learn something, but I bet he already has a mom and he doesn't need to answer to any more...

CA
OK I raced the spaceshuttle and won, my boost guage was on 2000#, easy kill. Now by your take no one can deny my post or they also are a holes weither if you can smell a big lie or a little one nothing changes by your rules.

OK call me baffeled.

To continue the BS,

NASA makes crud, I think they make um in Japan now, a real rice rocket, at least they mooned me while I blew by them. Oh I forgot to add that the main thursters where fully throttled up and locked into place so they can't make any excuses, a total kill, ya baby!

BTW I'm selling 20 foot versions of my pullies for $20,000,000.00 but you just might be able to beat a RX-7.

You are Koo, Koo, for Coco puffs little girl!

Your way of thinking and assessing ideas are, well feminism at best (growl, meow, pist, pist), removed offensive language please insert help here that I’m a turd and that you have to have some collective help from your ****** wiped boyfriend ****, all 90 of them?

I'm so sick of weak crying people like yourself, get off the flood and do something with your life.

Last edited by Silver_2000; 09-18-2001 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-18-2001, 05:26 AM
Thumbs down

Originally posted by dark_horse

OK I raced the spaceshuttle and won, my boost guage was on 2000#, easy kill. Now by your take no one can deny my post or they also are a holes weither if you can smell a big lie or a little one nothing changes by your rules.

OK call me baffeled.

To continue the BS,

NASA makes crud, I think they make um in Japan now, a real rice rocket, at least they mooned me while I blew by them. Oh I forgot to add that the main thursters where fully throttled up and locked into place so they can't make any excuses, a total kill, ya baby!

BTW I'm selling 20 foot versions of my pullies for $20,000,000.00 but you just might be able to beat a RX-7.

You are Koo, Koo, for Coco puffs little girl!

Your way of thinking and assessing ideas are, well feminism at best (growl, meow, pist, pist), is it that time of the month kitty, please insert help here that I’m a turd and that you have to have some collective help from your pvssy wiped boyfriend ****s, all 90 of them?

I'm so sick of weak crying people like yourself, get off the flood and do something with your life.
You need to go away. You've got some serious issues.

Old 09-18-2001, 06:08 AM
Banned
Originally posted by 4D THNDR

You need to go away. You've got some serious issues.
Why is this?

I get attacked by a b!tch and I can't defend myseft now?

This wh0re has been around this stinking place for 3 years toying with most of the dumber ****s like a toy?

I give you 10 seconds in the middle-east good luck?

Quick Reply: An Import gave me a run !