Lightning

An Import gave me a run !

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2001, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool An Import gave me a run !

I had just finished showing off my mods to my friends in the import scene. They were all completely dumbfounded that a truck could run as fast as it does. On my way out I pull up next to this highly modded RX-7 which is making a type of whistling noise comming from the engine bay, I look in his drivers side obviously a boost gauge is residing on his A-Pillar along with a few other gagets near his shifter. As I noticed as I pulled up his exhaust was at a certain angle, I immediately thought this was one hyped up Turbo. I checked out his car while at the light, he had Pirelli P-Zero's as tires with 18's all around. Obviously this guy had some money in it. I knew this was gonna be a good race. I revved my engine enough so he could hear my S/C whine. He revved back with a nice loud blow-off scream and a sound of a nicely tuned engine. The light turns green we both make a left, I'm on the inside lane he glides to the far outside one. as soon as hes next to me I jump all over my throttle. The S/C whines to life and my AutoMeter boost gauge jumps to 10 then to 15 by 2nd gear. Hearing him blow off in the distance I see his head lights catching up by 80 mph, I was a good car length ahead of him at 80 but he was still gaining strong. we had both hit about 120 when his front end was at my passenger door. his engine sounded like it had nothing left and was whining out, mine was running strong all the way to 135 and dipping toward 140. He shut off quickly realizing he had nothing left for the "L" . He pulled up next to me at the light off of my street and quickly said. "That is the fastest truck i've ever seen!" "you caught me completely off guard!" I replied back "thanks!, you started to catch me back there around 80" He said that was his cars powerband between 50-100 because of his turbo. He ended the conversation with "Nice run man! You beat me pretty good, catch you later." By that time I proceeded to drive home with a sloppy grin on my face, completely happy with what i've done to the truck and that i beat one of Japan's supercars.

-Sam

JL Diablo Chip
JL Lower Blower Pulley #3
HKS Turbo Timer 1z
TraderTop Tonneau Cover

1/4 (Gtech) 12.8 - 13.1 102mph

Old 09-15-2001, 05:47 PM
sweet kill man.. do you know what year the RX-7 was? And was it twin turbo or just single? Those things are fast! Nice job!!

Old 09-15-2001, 06:42 PM
Nice to run a mature challenger that can appreciate a fast ride when he gets beat.

Old 09-15-2001, 07:17 PM
NOSTROMO
15 pounds of boost eh?

Old 09-15-2001, 08:25 PM
nice run, those cars I think wiegh in around 2500lbs, so they are very light. Doesnt take too mich power to make them fast.

15lbs, what pulleys are you running???

Old 09-15-2001, 09:28 PM
Thumbs up

Sam,
Great story, The 90's twin turbo RX7's did go pretty good and for the guy to have a lot of mods his car should fly. So by you staying in front of him that says to me that your truck flies too. Nice kill
Bill

Old 09-15-2001, 10:56 PM
Banned
Re: An Import gave me a run !

Originally posted by 2001SlvrBullet
I had just finished showing off my mods to my friends in the import scene. They were all completely dumbfounded that a truck could run as fast as it does. On my way out I pull up next to this highly modded RX-7 which is making a type of whistling noise comming from the engine bay, I look in his drivers side obviously a boost gauge is residing on his A-Pillar along with a few other gagets near his shifter. As I noticed as I pulled up his exhaust was at a certain angle, I immediately thought this was one hyped up Turbo. I checked out his car while at the light, he had Pirelli P-Zero's as tires with 18's all around. Obviously this guy had some money in it. I knew this was gonna be a good race. I revved my engine enough so he could hear my S/C whine. He revved back with a nice loud blow-off scream and a sound of a nicely tuned engine. The light turns green we both make a left, I'm on the inside lane he glides to the far outside one. as soon as hes next to me I jump all over my throttle. The S/C whines to life and my AutoMeter boost gauge jumps to 10 then to 15 by 2nd gear. Hearing him blow off in the distance I see his head lights catching up by 80 mph, I was a good car length ahead of him at 80 but he was still gaining strong. we had both hit about 120 when his front end was at my passenger door. his engine sounded like it had nothing left and was whining out, mine was running strong all the way to 135 and dipping toward 140. He shut off quickly realizing he had nothing left for the "L" . He pulled up next to me at the light off of my street and quickly said. "That is the fastest truck i've ever seen!" "you caught me completely off guard!" I replied back "thanks!, you started to catch me back there around 80" He said that was his cars powerband between 50-100 because of his turbo. He ended the conversation with "Nice run man! You beat me pretty good, catch you later." By that time I proceeded to drive home with a sloppy grin on my face, completely happy with what i've done to the truck and that i beat one of Japan's supercars.

-Sam

JL Diablo Chip
JL Lower Blower Pulley #3
HKS Turbo Timer 1z
TraderTop Tonneau Cover

1/4 (Gtech) 12.8 - 13.1 102mph
Um, er, well, sorry dude but you basically beat a stock late model RX-7. I've seen those modded things pull 9's on the street, you're only pulling low 13's.

Why do people post these things?

Old 09-15-2001, 11:03 PM
Re: Re: An Import gave me a run !

Originally posted by dark_horse

Um, er, well, sorry dude but you basically beat a stock late model RX-7. I've seen those modded things pull 9's on the street, you're only pulling low 13's.

Why do people post these things?
So...no more kill stories here because lots of cars & trucks can be made faster than a Lightning?

Old 09-15-2001, 11:04 PM
Angry one of my first posted kills

And someone has the ***** to post me lying? I can tell you he was not pulling any 9's, thats for damn sure, the only way for those to pull 9's would be to chop it up basically being a flying gascan along with a $8,000 turbo with a severely built engine, believe me I know all my friends have raced out imports of all different kinds so dont sit there and tell me I'm lying because I might just find that guy again and bring a camcorder to shut your dumba$$ up

-Venting again
-Sam

Old 09-15-2001, 11:33 PM
9's huh ???

I have to wonder about all of these 9 second street cars that are posted about. According to some posts, 9 sec RX-7's, or other imports are the rule, sheesh. I realize Alabama isn't a highly populated state, but I find it hard to believe that 9 second street imports are commonplace anywhere. Truthfully I'd be surprised if there are more than a handful of 9 second street cars everywhere, period.

Last edited by Ford 2001 SVT F150; 09-15-2001 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2001, 02:24 AM
amen to that! Hell...don't you guys pay attention around here? How can a rice burner pulling 9 seconds be commonplace...when we all know darn well that a heavily modified Viper at 850 HP barely pulled off a 9.99? (Compliments of Motor Trend).

Old 09-16-2001, 02:50 AM
Banned
The point being!

Don't come on a forum and talk a lot of ***** about beating a basically stock RX-7 and your Lightning is the greatest thing under the sun? WTF?

Are you people stupid or can you just not read between the lines? What did he really beat that the rest of us have not done for the last 3 years with this truck? He talks like this was a big @ss RX-7!

Is this his first kill?

Well after you buy a truck that's been killing most cars for the last again 3 years, please post something NEW, some mercs can also keep up with us now, dumb@ss.

I hate to say it but my Lightning has more mods and refinements than most out there and it is NOT that quick, compaired to a lot of RX-7's and Supra's so stop the BS lies.

This post is just too much.

Old 09-16-2001, 02:57 AM
Talking

And someone has the ***** to post me lying?
One person? I count three.

Nostromo doesn't believe your 15 lbs.

Yoda doesn't believe your 4600lbs. "mildly-modded" trunk beat a 2500 lbs "heavily-modded" RX7 (27xx lbs. actually)

dark_horse just pointed out that it wasn't a "heavily modded" rx7... it was stock or mild-mods.

ME... I just cant figure out that the heck you're doing with turbo timer ?!

-Dreamin
'00 L
'93 RX7 12.33@111.0 (mild mods)

Old 09-16-2001, 05:00 AM
Angry

ROFL you guys make me laugh.... Test me... come to cali and test me.... C"mon you guys obvioulsy talk a big game. Bring it to California. My lightning is *not* the fastest thing under the sun I admit that there are plenty of other ones out there that can whoop me. I'm not afraid to admit that. I'm not braggin merely just saying I beat a modded RX-7 WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THAT?! I give props to anyone that claims a kill.. I want to see you guys actually tell me outside of F-150 online.. that that didnt happen, that I didnt go through that. *I did beat an RX-7* if you dont believe that BRING YOUR Rx-7 down here and I'll beat it.. wheather I use my Lightning or a CLK-55 so.. You have a problem with me using a turbo timer?! I want to know why everyone is against me when I post a kill.. When I post a kill i'm not joking.. Do I have to tape every race?! Why is everyone always so jealous when one posts a kill..?
I give up on trying to figure this out.. I wont post another kill if this will show up everytime....Haters "player haters"
Latez

-Sam

Last edited by 2001SlvrBullet; 09-16-2001 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-16-2001, 06:09 AM
There are plenty of 9sec street legal import cars out there...There is one street in Philly that they street race on every weekend..basically if you arent running 10s-11's...dont even bother showing up..there are a good number of 9sec imports at these races. And since when did people start getting jumped on for posting a kill?!?!?!

Quick Reply: An Import gave me a run !