Lightning

WTC Disaster (non L related)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy WTC Disaster (non L related)

I havent been around the past week after learning here on F150 what happened last Tuesday morning in NYC. At first, it did not seem that bad. But after seeing that second plane live on TV, I knew it was

Well.....I dont know if anyone else here was directly affected by this COWARDLY ACT, but my family was, and in a big way. We are missing my cousin George who works on the 98th floor of Tower 2. He's a young 36 with 3 children and a loving wife. Also the main person in getting me involved with Drag racing many years ago.

I spent most of last week with family in Staten Island, and also Queens, as well as spending the day in NYC on Saturday at the Armory with photos and dental records. All I can say is the images we see on TV are nothing compared to what I seen in person....nothing.

Obviously we all know what needs to be done!! Enough is enough with these terrorists. We need to deal with this ASAP, and thoroughly. IF it means sending in troops and digging through he holes that these COWARDS sleep in....then so be it!!

On a different note. Many of you have E-mailed me with Questions and Misc. Give me some time to settle in, and I will get in touch with all of you.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Old 09-17-2001, 09:13 AM
Rest In Peace
Smile

Hey Spiro sorry to hear about your cousin i hope that eveything turns out fine. Im glad to see that you are fine i e-mailed you when i didnt see you for a while wondering if you were alright. Well glad to see you are fine my prayers go out to your family and your cousin.
Vin

Old 09-17-2001, 11:21 AM
Spiro, sorry to hear about your cousin. I hope our leaders have as much resolve as the appear to have. This just the beginning of the end for terrorists throughout the world. I know that no amount of revenge will bring him back. I wish the best for you and your family.

Old 09-17-2001, 12:25 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your cousin, best wishs and hang in there, my prayers go out to you and your cousin

tom

Old 09-17-2001, 02:36 PM
Good luck spiro.

My sisters boyfriend just went out there and said the same thing out the site on TV compared to real life. Its ashame

Old 09-17-2001, 04:36 PM
Spiro,

Bummed to hear that man.

If you want to start with getting the cowards, try the petition below calling for the resignation of Barbara Lee.

http://www.petitiononline.com/resignbl/petition.html

Old 09-17-2001, 05:08 PM
Unhappy

Spiro, very sorry to hear about your cousin George. hopefully they will come across more survivors and your cousin will be one of them. all your friends here at f150 online will be praying for you
and your family. best of luck.
on a different note, were all glad to see you on the boards again Mike

Old 09-17-2001, 06:57 PM
Spiro,
You and your family are in my prayers.

Jim

Old 09-17-2001, 07:10 PM
PFA
Spiro
Sorry to hear about your cousin. I would hate to be in that situation too. I hope they do find him in one of the pockets they come across.

Wayne

Old 09-17-2001, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spiro, sorry to hear of your tragic loss. And yes tv did not convey the true disaster. Watching the towers fall with my own eyes was well you know......Iam on call to go to 'the site' thru my union hall. Don't know when or if I will be ready for what I may see, BUT I have to go. Later from the Gator

Old 09-17-2001, 09:26 PM
Spiro
Man Im sorry about the your cousin, I hope for the best and you guys are in my prayers aswell.

Take Care

Old 09-17-2001, 09:38 PM
It was inevitable that I would find myself in some way connected to this horror; now it's a reality. Spiro, I've been so depressed since this all happened; and, I'm not the type of guy to get teary eyed about much. Nothing in life seems worth jack anymore except family and faith. My blood sometimes goes way past boiling when I start to dwell on what's happened. I can't imagine how the survivors of the dead are dealing with all of this. Our country will never be the same. I fear this is far from over. Condolences.

Old 09-17-2001, 11:34 PM
If you are sensitive th the topic, please dont read the post below :

Im not trying to be a pessimist or disrespectful, but wouldnt any survivors trapped in the rubble be dead by now? Its been almost a week. Wouldnt the people that may have been trapped either bled to death or died of other causes such as starvation or dehydration? Again, Im not trying to be disresepctful and saying that all rescue efforts should stop, but arent the rescue workers really only looking for corpses at this point?

We should have put an end to this 'terrorism' a long time ago. I still puts me at awe how human being is the ONLY species on the Earth that would do something as horrible as this? The ONLY species....let that sink in for a while.

Old 09-18-2001, 01:27 PM
Thank you to all that send their blessings. It truly means alot. I still find this hard to understand why this happened. Did we get that confident and leave our guard down to allow this?
My family came to AMERICA back in the late 50's from GREECE looking for freedom an opportunity to a better life. And now it's seems as if some of that freedom has been lost.......

The time has come for us to "retaliate" this evil act. We MUST destroy the people responsible for this.

UNITED WE STAND

Spiro-

Old 09-18-2001, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear that spiro,sooner or later alot of people
are gonna learn that they knew someone there.

To all you guys around the country you could not believe
what this looks like first hand,having been born and raised
in bklyn and staten island the wtc were always in sight
and not seeing them is unexplainable.
Also i work for Nyc dept of sanitation and have been to
ground zero and all i can say is tv dosent do it justice.
it is horrific u cannot believe you are standing in manhattan.

I just hope bush does the right thing and these animals get what they deserve!!!!!! and s$%t like this never happens again.

amen baby!!
God bless us.

Quick Reply: WTC Disaster (non L related)