Lightning

New N/A best time for me, at U.S. 41.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New N/A best time for me, at U.S. 41.

Well last friday I went to 41 and after messing around with my buddies mustang we finally got there around 9:30pm. The track was packed and the air was nice, so I was somewhat happy.

Went a teched in and started to put the slicks and front 18's on, what a pain in the A$$. Anyway, I get ready to go make a blast with the 75 shot and I'm looking at my nitro gauge and its staying aroung 400. WTF? so I went in the bed to check out the tank and the damn thing was empty. I don't know how, or when but some how it leaked out of the system. I didn't see anything, hear anything, and I cheked it over and over for the past week.

So I switched back to the race program and said oh well. I got up to the line and this suburban on 22" wheels was my at my right, HEHEHEEH. This guys woman came up to me and asked me If I wanted to race his truck before also. People must not know what an L can do I guess. So I staged and he did and that was it. My lights came on but his never did cause he sat at the pre stage for seriously a minute without moving. So I said screw it and I left. I ended up going 12.61 at 109 mph. with a Chitty 1.84 60 foot. I totally screwed up with the other guy not staging, my fault I'm ashamed of that time. Anyway, that was the only run I could get in with the clocks still on, so oh well.

Also on a side note, there was a kid there racing a 01 with somepauls high performance stuff on board. I personally think he was a little ful of B.S. His mods where the following, pauls filter kit, pauls chip, drop kit, E.T. street and front runners, and that was it. He told me that he was running in the 12.7's today all night long. There's no way in hell this kid was running that fast. With no pulley's, no trans work, and the bottle he had wasn't turned on. Maybe he really was turning the bottle on and just was B.S. ing me. I don't believe it for a second.

Anyway, I had fun and it was cool. My friends camaro went 11.63 with a 150 shot, a few bolt ons and thats it. slicks and front's too! cars moving.

Later.

Old 09-17-2001, 02:24 PM
Cool

Nice n/a et killa congrats,as far as the 01,my 00 did 12.79 108.97 with just a chip and pro m on et streets so he might be telling the truth.I beleive php uses pro m's with his chip.Mine also has a t/b and bassani headers[can you say useless mods] so a chip and pro m + et streets = 12s in decent conditions.

Old 09-17-2001, 02:30 PM
Maybe it is then, I don't know I don't have a 01.

Have any of the 01's had any major problems with the motors knocking.
My trucks getting worse as the days go by, I'm starting to get scared of it now. ITS LOUD!. Maybe a 2001 motor swap is what I need. I know I have to be loosing power with it now, really pisses me off! Time to spray a 200 shot and blow this motor up maybe.

Old 09-17-2001, 04:06 PM
2kL
if you have a supercharger, doesn't that mean that you are not n/a....

Old 09-17-2001, 04:13 PM
Yes, but I just refer to it as N/A because it came stock with the blower.

I know its wrong and not the way to say it, but with many of us spraying our trucks thats just the way it comes out.

Old 09-17-2001, 05:34 PM
Talking

Imagine that!!!
Someone Bull*****ting you....

Old 09-17-2001, 07:22 PM
Thumbs up

Good times dude.

Old 09-17-2001, 08:14 PM
Nice times....I knew I should have went. The guy with the 01 that said he was runinng 12.7's was his L silver? You didn't happen to see any of his runs did you? I ran a guy there with a silver 01 awhile back and he was running low 13's and all I saw that he had was a chip and filter. He was also icing the IC box so he had the IC pump running on the cool down. I lined up with him once and pulled him all the way to the end and then he must have "hit" it. I ran a 13.0 to his 13.1 but his mph was 110. I saw another run and his time was 12.7@112. I believe he had either 50/75 shot. I do not know of any L that pulls 112 with no spray especially when my mph was 105 and the air is not that good. He had a tonneau so I could not see a bottle. It was also dark by then and you know how dark it gets at 41 when the sun gors down....see ya Jeff

Old 09-17-2001, 09:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Nice job Joe!

Old 09-17-2001, 09:53 PM
As far as that guy in the Suburban w/ the 22's - nobody at that track knows how to freakin race. The last time I went, I just went to watch a friends Mustang so I got to see a lot of the racing. People were staging with their back tires, lining up 30 feet away from the staging beams - I even saw a guy brake torque-ing at the line with smoke pouring everywhere I'm not perfect by any means, but at least take the time to watch a couple of runs so you have a vague idea what is going on. I'll be back with my L at the end of the month so who knows what other funny stuff I'll see.

Old 09-17-2001, 10:01 PM
RTKILLA:
12.61 at 109 mph....ok....well...hmmm....I'm impressed....pretty soon you'll be giving out autographs.

Old 09-17-2001, 11:03 PM
Talking

Georgia,
Let me know what he's getting for autographs,I can double it,LOL.
Jerry

Old 09-18-2001, 07:46 AM
Thanks guys for the props.

I really need to take a day and gut my truck Old JL style to see what I could really get out of the damn thing. I think my tires where spinning real bad that day, It was really cold and people where taking a long time to make runs. Plus my MPH was kinda high. I don't know why its spinning, I did a good burnout?!?!

My problem is that all my friends are only concerned with the mustangs and camaro's that we race with and nobody watches me launch so I don't know what its doing and how to help it out.

Right now I'm just thinking of ways to lighten my truck up allot. I think just by having it at full weight (5150lbs with me) I'm probably loosing 2 to 3 tenths with her. I would hope so anyway . Next mods going to be those fiber glass springs and then something with this motor. I THINK ITS GOING TO BLOW . Making all kinds of noise now, and don't say its from spray guys. I've serioouslly only sprayed about 15 lbs of juice threw my truck, and most of those where 50 shots.

Its really a nerve racking postition I'm in right now cause I don't want to have to pull apart the motor and redo everything, but ETA til boom is close. HEHEHEHE

What do you guys think I should do. Here's what I've thought about now:
1st. take the 99 motor out, rebuild with new J&E pistons and oliver rods with a 9.5 to 1 compression ratio, and a 01 IC, intake and blower setup.
2nd. Just get a new 2001 crate motor and swap them out?
3rd. Rebuild the 99 motor the same way as 1st, but install a custom upper intake and a novi 2000 blower.

With the first choice I should pick up some HP from the compression and I should be able to spary 150 shot safly at all times. I don't know what to do??? I want to keep it streetable cause I just love to drive my truck so much, but I want to go really really really fast. I think the only realalistic solution is to get a mustang and build it up strictly for racing.

And to make matters worse, My co-worker just got a new YZ426 dirt bike and that thing is BADDDDDDD!! I want to get a new Honda 450 when they come out now. Dirt biking is so much fun

Give me some Idea's of what you guys would do about motors, Althogh most of you can't stand me I still value all of your opinions. Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: New N/A best time for me, at U.S. 41.