Lightning

SVT front vanity plate

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SVT front vanity plate

Is there anywhere I can find an SVT front vanity plate - preferably the red logo with the Ford oval and "special vehicle team" across the bottom? I don't need a front license plate here in Indiana but I find when I am out of state (Illinois 8 mi away) the police leave me alone when I have a front plate of some kind on the front. I've been pulled over several times in Illinois for no front plate only for them to see I am not required to have one. That just opens me up for something else for them to nail me on. If not the SVT logo, any other kind of SVT type plate? Thanks.

Old 09-17-2001, 10:20 PM
meanZ:
You may wish to do a net search for "license plates" etc.
You might find something of interest. For me I did not want a plate
on my front bumper....but with the "war" going on, thought I might dredge up my old "AirForce" command tag.

Old 09-17-2001, 10:37 PM
I really didn't want a front plate either but the dealer I bought from already installed the front bracket/frame. When I took it off, I thought the two holes looked worse than the bracket.

Old 09-17-2001, 10:47 PM
Ford Lightniong tag

Local accessory/car wash store Avril special ordered a black plate with blue Ford ova & Lightning (raised printing like side front fender plques. Said initials or other printing could be added. About $35 had in 2 weeks. If you can't find locally, use LD info for Avril stores in metro Atlanta 770 area code

Old 09-18-2001, 05:37 AM
Unhappy

You are going to drill holes when not required by law? They're required here but there's no way in hell I'll put one on.

Quick Reply: SVT front vanity plate