Lightning

Proud New Lightning Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2001 | 05:09 PM
|
Proud New Lightning Owner

To all proud owners of F150 Lightnings :

I am about to join your ranks as a proud owner of a new 2001 Lightning. I take delivery of it Thursday at 2 .
I am so excited about this purchase I feel like a kid again.
Unfortunately my real age (48) begs to differ with these youthful feelings I am having. Doh !!

Anyway just wanted to pass this along. Would like to hear some general comments from Lightning owners about the truck.

Ohboy ohboy ohboy Thursday won't come soon enough.

Thanks
Dave

Old 09-18-2001 | 05:13 PM
We'll give ya week to start modding it or else!

Old 09-18-2001 | 05:20 PM
Welcome aboard!!!!

Trust me, you will enjoy your Lightning a LOT!!!!

I have had mine since April and I still love getting in it, and roating those tires!!!!

Old 09-18-2001 | 05:24 PM
A great ride. For me it is a totally different driving experience. Have my '99 for two years now, and I am very happy with it. Cannot wait to get behind the wheel each morning. Use it mostly as a daily driver, except in nasty weather.

The only thing that surprises me about it is that I have not gotten into any trouble with it yet.

Old 09-18-2001 | 07:30 PM
Talking

Welcome--You will love your 2001, unless it's black. Now black is really the fastest color, but you'll go nuts trying to keep the damn thing clean, and that is what you must do if it's black-LOL.
Anyway enjoy and keep us posted.--Jim

Old 09-18-2001 | 09:03 PM
Welcome aboard Dave

Thats ok I am no spring chicken either. I am 41 but the truck is keeping me young. It has even helped me pick up a 25 year old earlier in the year. Thank god I am single because the chicks dig the Lightning.

Old 09-18-2001 | 10:19 PM
Prepare for illumination. I got my 2001 L 4
weeks ago and reach vehicular enlightenment everytime I hear the s/c whine.

Just make sure everything looks good when you take it home from the dealer. Ask if they can *not* stick their dealership logo on your L. I've also heard stories about some places attaching the front license plate bracket for you but punching huge holes in the bumper to do it.

Of course, make sure you get one of those Lightning posters and put it over your bed so that it's the first thing you see in the morning. :-)

To Don C. Your L helped you pick up a 25 year old? How long did it take? Am I 4 weeks behind?

Old 09-18-2001 | 10:22 PM
Maybe 01 Black Bolt didn't explain well enough. Hopefully you did get black - black is sinister, mean, evil looking. Red is sporty, lotsa flash. Silver is Traditional,classic. White is pure, deceivingly calm looking BUT because black doesn't absorb as much light at night as the other colors, something to to do with photon reflectivity and absorbtion in low light conditions, and its ability to deflect man made luminesence and not alter it's path of trajectory the black lightning is truly dangerous at nite. The others can come close, sometimes do better. But overall the black lightning is the most dangerous. Be careful.

LOLOL-WHATEVER color you get even if it's the untested True Blue-you WILL love it. It feels like a big block from the 60-70s. I love all colors. Problem with most of us is whatever color we don't have at a given time, like when we see another different color L, we want that one too.

Black Bolt---Clean?? That's a full time job, and I don't have a garage. But when it's done, it's worth i.t

Last edited by DR.D; 09-18-2001 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-18-2001 | 10:48 PM
Smile

...welcome,how much $$(cdn)^,if u don't mind me askin.thx

Old 09-18-2001 | 11:25 PM
Psssssst

Despite the cool picture, Dr D is crazy, white us the fastest

CA

Old 09-19-2001 | 02:23 AM
thats what im saying girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2001 | 03:46 AM
weeeeeeee.... <- my face every time I look at my truck... hear someone comment on it... step on the gas... get inside of it... beat someone in it... get looks from passing drivers... read other peoples comments on here about their L!!!

mdsbort, you will truely LOVE your new truck, I felt.. errrr.. feel, as I'm sure many of us do, the same way you do!!

have fun, be safe!
-Ian

Quick Reply: Proud New Lightning Owner