Lightning

Neighboors Truck!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2001 | 10:43 PM
5-speed manual with a 5.4L ?
Howd he do that?

Mike

Old 09-18-2001 | 10:51 PM
Why does a 5-speed need a torque converter??????? Maybe we are all missing something here.

Old 09-18-2001 | 10:58 PM
|
ITS NOT A LIGHTNING!!!

Its just a stock F-150 that is done up.

Why are you guys so questioning? A L with a 150 shot of N20 doe in the 11s!

Old 09-18-2001 | 11:06 PM
Talking

come on guys, is it just me or do we all smell some BS ?? Vin, that was an awesome motor you got a pic of, lol , im just wondering how you got in my garage to take the photo, LOL
Mike

Old 09-18-2001 | 11:11 PM
well, one reason why i am questioning is because they don't make the 5.4 manual, for starters.

Old 09-18-2001 | 11:22 PM
Talking

he must have a rare truck, a stick with a torque converter? AWESOME! so where is the clutch located, in fantasy land???

Old 09-18-2001 | 11:27 PM
Originally posted by CaughtYaLukin
...Why are you guys so questioning? A L with a 150 shot of N20 doe in the 11s!
If you hang out around here you will notice everything gets questioned and nothing is proven to be the truth unless we see *hard proof*, like pictures or videos.

Don't take it personal, you not the first person to be questioned and you won't be last one either.

By the way after owning a f-150 4x4 with the 4.6L and a manual tranny, and then owning the Lightning I find it hard to believe that a manual tranny will give you .1 of a sec off the times. The throw is just to long and clunky on these trucks to compete with automatics shifts.

Vin - is it me or on that pic it looks like they used a pair of shorty headers for a engine as the intake pipe?

Peter

Last edited by captainoblivious; 09-18-2001 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2001 | 11:29 PM
Thumbs down

Originally posted by HOSRACN
well, one reason why i am questioning is because they don't make the 5.4 manual, for starters.
Bingo. And as someone else pointed out this stick has a Pro Torque torque converter. If you're gonna BS you need to learn a little about Ford packages and mechanical setups. Another flaw is you mention under drive pulleys giving more boost. Under drives are for the engine accessories and have nothing to do with the blower. Also, Jacobs Electronics doesn't list a coil-on-plug setup like the 5.4L has.

Slip on the chest waders, it's gettin' real deep.

Old 09-18-2001 | 11:39 PM
That is some great 1/8 mile times... Also how did they get a torque converter in there??? I am calling BS on this one too...

Later, Justin

Old 09-18-2001 | 11:52 PM
Originally posted by CaughtYaLukin
There might be one or two things that I may have missed. As you can see....it pretty obvious to see that it really isnt too hard to get that with these mods...he might even do better as he gains experience.
Yup, it's pretty obvious alright. It's pretty obvious that it looks like you went threw a Summit catolog and listed everything you think would make that truck fast.

Let's have a look, shall we?

Holley Thunder System Supercharger- ok, you can get one for a regular F-150

Underdrive Pulleys (Gives 2-3 more psi supposedly from SC)- underdrive pulleys for a blower would give you LESS boost, and if you had underdrive pulleys for the engine belt, the Holley blower crank pulley would no longer fit

NOS Nitrous Boost 150 shot(hooked up to cigarette lighter)- if he's running a Holley Thunder blower with a 150 bag bottle shot, he'd blow the bottom end out of the block for sure. I'm also not aware of NOS making a 150 kit that plugs into the lighter

Cervinis Air Ram Hood- it's not functional, so it's useless for power

ProTorque Torque Converter- be interesting to see how it fits in that 5 speed

JBA HEaders- useless

Gibson Exhaust- useless

Jacobs Electronis Igntion System- Jacobs doesn't make an ignition system for coil on plug

90mm TB- a 90mm TB is HUGE and definately would not fit in place of the stock one

Granatelli MS Mass Air Flow- no problem there

Superchip Inc Superchip- no problem there

Air Aid TB Spacer- umm, ok

Volant Cold Air Intake- riiigghhtt...

K&N Air Filter- ok, you've now listed 4 different air intake parts. The MAF comes with it's own special filter that bolts to th end of it. There's no way these 4 parts would ever fit together.

Oh yea! Its also a 5 Speed Manual so that takes off about .1 of a sec compared to your "Automatics" - well, Ford never put a 5 speed on the 5.4, because they don't have one that could handle the torque. And if the Ford 5 speed can't handle a stock 5.4, you're telling me that it holds up to a blown, nitroused 5.4? I don't think so.

Come on guy, if you're gonna come here with this crap, at least do your homework and come up with a believable setup.

Old 09-18-2001 | 11:57 PM
Thumbs up

LMAO , Get em SAL!

Old 09-19-2001 | 12:02 AM
|
Wow!

You guys are sharp!

Did this to a Mustang forum and the guys were like "WOW!! Really? a 10 sec Mustang?"

Just shows you how bright Mustang ownder are huh?

Oh, and the Headers and Exhaust arent useless...why would you say they are useless?

Old 09-19-2001 | 04:50 AM
Talking I wanna be the first to say

ROFLMAOWKMOA!

otherwise known as :
(Rolling On the Floor Laughing My *** Off While Kicking My Own ***)

-Sam

Old 09-19-2001 | 08:58 AM
|
Talking

Only reason I did this is to see how smart L owners are about their trucks. My neighbor (TRUE STORY!!!) was thinking about getting a Mustang but really didnt have a clue as to what to do to it so I went on the internet and looked for some products. Just wanted to have fun and did this on one of their forms

Me and him were laughing pretty hard at the responses.

Anywho, I was thinking of doing those Mods to my truck. Some people pointed out some wouldnt fit with other products? Which ones will fit? (The ones starred are the ones I have so far)

Underdrive Pulleys
Cervinis Air Ram Hood (Functional)
ProTorque Torque Converter
*JBA HEaders*
*Gibson Exhaust*
Jacobs Electronis Igntion System
90mm TB
Granatelli MS Mass Air Flow
Superchip Inc Superchip
Air Aid TB Spacer
*Volant Cold Air Intake*
K&N Air Filter

PS : I hope nobody got offended by this

Old 09-19-2001 | 09:07 AM
Rest In Peace
Talking

CaughtYaLukin
I think i know where you got that idea for the cig lighter nos switch. You must have seen Fast and the Furious Vin Diesel's character in that his switch for his nos was behind the Hazard light button he pressed it then the button slid out so that the nos button was there.

captainoblivious
It looks like it to me. There are more pics of that engine someelse on here posted the link to it not sure who you were but heres the link to the other pics. http://65.68.63.130/tc_forum/Forum1/HTML/000392.html
Vin

Quick Reply: Neighboors Truck!