Lightning

Visit to JDM Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001 | 02:56 AM
Ditto Canyonrunner.. Jim has more than gone out of his way to make sure that I was totally satisfied with the products I purchased from him. He has spent more time than I can keep track of making sure that I was 100% confident in my nitrous program that I purchased from him. 2 thumbs up JIM!!

Old 09-20-2001 | 05:42 AM
Talking jarmstro

Mike it's all our fault!!!!!!

Had I not purchased a Superchip(R9) many months back and as usual wanted more I would have never discovered JDM Engineering.

Jim and crew have been wonderful to me and the Texas gang. Matter of fact Jim, Julie, Sean and his wife and daughter will be coming out to Texas very shortly for the Fun Ford Weekend in Ennis.

We will be giving JDM & Crew a big Texas Welcome!!!!

God Bless America......... now let's kick some a$$

Regards,

Old 09-20-2001 | 08:17 AM
Thumbs up I feel so special...

I must be one of those selected few that get a good treatment because last time I was at Jim's shop I left at 11:00pm on a Saturday

Old 09-20-2001 | 08:18 AM
Rest In Peace
Don C
I know more then anyone about what happend last week i can see the towers from where i live. It was horriable to see the towers going to work then coming home just smoke where they were. And as for me and Calightnin we are healing by letting our anger out about getting *****ed around by JDM.

2_FAST4U
You have no idea what you are talking about i was never once rude to jim and talked to him lots of times on the phone. And sure he was nice to me on the phone i never said that he wasnt but i needed a shovel for all the BS he was shoveling. Everytime i called him it would be oh next week we are getting a shipment in it will go out then so i wait at least 3 weeks before i call again figuring that he is busy and dont wanna be pain in the @$$. So i call back 3 weeks later same story. So i wait another 3 weeks and same story so you get the picture. But all the time i got next week next week well my CC wasnt charged next week next week it was probably charged before i got off the phone with making my intinal order. So thats what pissed me off getting a CC bill a month later with my card being charged for something i didnt even see yet and for something that i wouldnt see for at least 3 more months. And im not talking like a 2 dollar thing here im talking an over 500 dollar part. So as for you saying i was rude i was never rude to him and he was never rude to me i just dont like being lied to and *****ed around with. As for anyone in any business always pleasing you the consumer thats never gonna happen and i never expected that. Its just bad business if you ask me to charge someone for something if you didnt even ship it yet for any business that is. For you saying that my post was childlish thats bull. How is it childish i did the same thing SuperChips did i posted my experience with JDM and just because it wasnt an oh JDM is the god of all tuners and that he could get my lawnmower running 12's @$$ ki$$ing post then its childish. If you ask me you are the one who was childishing because whenever i ever posted my experience with him you and any of the other select few that he takes good care of come here saying oh poor JDM hes getting bashed again. It just seems funny to me that you guys alwasy feel you gotta come and defend him if his parts are so great then let them do the talking for him.

To end this as for whoever posted saying that if i didnt like JDM's service then buy his parts from one of his distributors. No thanks i dont care if he gets his truck running 10's with no nos i wont buy or deal with JDM or any JDM parts. And thats my opinion and i dont care what any of the JDM supporters have to say.
Vin

Old 09-20-2001 | 09:56 AM
DL
Exclamation

If it wasn't for some people having the *****!!! to say something about JDM's customer service or any other tuner, there service wouldn't get any better...Seems like lately, JDM is paying more attention and attempting to please all his customers now (instead of a select few), now that people have stated facts about their personal experiences with JDM.....

He has personally said things about me that are not true on this board and others to persuade people to believe what he says, instead of me, I have done nothing but state the truth about my personal dealings with JDM..

I will not support any tuner that does not tell the truth...This is my Opinion.

I have no hard feelings with the people that use JDM products...This is a public forum and the public has a right to know....

Regards,
DL

Old 09-20-2001 | 11:44 AM
First off:
I dont care what some of youys say. You have taken comments from the "camp" and have believed them. Most of you never met me, so how in the world could you judge me?

One of the main reasons I decided to get rid of this Lightning. It has been jinxed since I brought JDM into this community.

JDM late last year was nothing until I made it so. So I decided, Hey...if this guy could do what he claims...why not try it out, and if it works, I could introduce it to my fellow Lightning owners across the country.
For JDM this was a great chance to get some business flowing again, for him, and his new outfit.

Well....the problems for JDM started when he started lying to ME and had me relay all this to his customers. Things were all good until the pulley deal really turned sour in a big way. Delay after delay...excuse after excuse. What was I to do?? keep relaying lies to the public...I THINK NOT! After ealizing that I was USED to GET AHOLD of any Lightning owner, I decided to step away from that outfit (do a search) and walk away. And you know what...I DID. But that wasnt good enough. The lies surfaced about me from the JDM CAMP. and it has escalated from there.
Spiro did this, Spiro did that...Wahhh wahhh, lets blame Spiro! Ohh.."Spiro left because his Mom is Dying" The excuse pile became so high, people were and are catching on.
I simply wanted to walk, but THEY would not allow it. Why not?? Becasue Spiro knows too much.

One more thing. If Steve or Doug find this "outside the lines" then I am sorry. I simply told a little part of WHAT is a FACT. Hopefully that wont get me kicked off this board....we'll see...

Last edited by Spiro99SVT; 09-20-2001 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-20-2001 | 12:26 PM
Spiro- Please take your pitty party somewhere else!! You wish that JDM was nothing until you made it so!! How in the world could a tuner just hire a phone operator and then all of a sudden become a great Lightning tuner?? Granted you did introduce JDM to the internet Lightning community but if it wasn't for JDM's excellent tuning he would not be were he is but it didn't have anything to do with you!! It's funny as H@ll that when you worked for JDM you told me that he was the best Ford tuner out there but then when you walked away you do nothing but bash his tuning. I guess when you walked away you must have took all of Jim's tuning abilities with you... LOL

Oh and since you want to bring up lies I guess I can talk about those as well. How about the time at WFC when you told me that JDM had never tested nitrous and that the reason why he wasn't at WFC was because he was in jail because he didn't pay his child support. How about those Spiro?? I bet you felt real bad when the owner of the L that JDM spent the weekend working on posted how excellent JDM's customer service was when Jim instead of going to WFC stayed to complete the work on his L since he drove so far to get the work done!! Then when Jim took 1 1/2 hours to explain to me all the changes he makes in his programs to insure that the L's can handle the nitrous, then I realized that you were just trying to get back at Jim for asking you to leave!!

Now you are stating that your L is jinxed because you worked for JDM!! Yeah Spiro I might actually believe that one after seeing your 11.4 nitorus run at WFC with your 8.xx 1/8 mile times and still having time to get on the brakes. If it was me I wouldn't be complaining!!

Spiro you think it's really funny that you can spread all these rumors about Jim in hopes that you can hurt him financially. I guess I need to take a trip to NJ to the family restaurant and spread rumors that everytime that I eat there that I get food posion and have to spend a week in the hospitial. Then you might realize how spreading rumors really can put a strain on a small business!!

Last edited by HANKFAN; 09-20-2001 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2001 | 12:40 PM
You guys need to take a second to catch some air. Relax!!!!

Old 09-20-2001 | 01:14 PM
LOL..enough said Believe what you want people. Its obvious what is going on here. LOL

Old 09-20-2001 | 01:40 PM
spiro. you have worked for 2 tuners now... why dont you just start your own thing? you oviously now who the vendors are?

Old 09-20-2001 | 01:47 PM
I was screwed by JDM, but you all know how I feel about Jim. The fack that the pulleys were months late is NOT why I bash him. It is because he told me lie after lie. I will NOT tolerate being lied to more than once. Now all you JDM fans will jump on me and say "oh yea, that was just the pulley deal". I guess Jim only lies about certain topics! When I called him he was so nice butter would not melt in his mouth. He could not have been nicer and spent a considerable amount of time with me on the phone, but nothing he told me turned out to be true. I'm sure he is a decent man and a great tuner, but he did a poor job dealing with ME, so JDM fans please give me a break, you don't know what happened in MY case. Why would I lie? I am not a liar!

Old 09-20-2001 | 01:51 PM
Talking

I really enjoy it whe I can say I told ya so!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim is a class guy with great knowledge and always helpful.It just makes me laugh when people get on thid board and say how they have been screwed by this tuner or that tuner..If ya don't like their stuff don't buy it!!!!!!

Spiro I thought you were off to bigger and better things,but it seems you disappear and resurface at your convience..your tearing your truck down and don't want to be a part of this community per you initial statement a month or so ago.If ya need some wrenches let us know,otherwise be gone Mr. 11.40 something,LOL.

HANKFAN I totally agree with you.
And Jim D keep the goods rolling.
J MAN

Old 09-20-2001 | 01:51 PM
Oh boy, here we go again.

Hopefully this will be locked in 5,4,3,2,1,...

Old 09-20-2001 | 02:22 PM
Some of you whiners ought to get a life!

If these are examples of the worst things that have ever happened to you, I feel sorry for you.
Lightning's are a play thing for all of us.
They are meant to be enjoyed. It amazes me how the same people post and re-post the same negative information over and over. Lack of maturity I'd guess. This board was a lot more informative (and a lot more fun) two years ago.
Let's get back to that, and can all of the negatism.

Lightning Bob

P.S. Mike, nice post and I'm glad you and Jim worked out a deal. I too have dealt with both of you and have received excellent service from both of you.

Old 09-20-2001 | 02:35 PM
LOL J MAN, Like I have the only negatives things to say.......Look around and dont be so blind. As for my 11.40's...dont be so jealous.

Quick Reply: Visit to JDM Engineering