Lightning

Truck-Traks production version

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001 | 03:09 PM
2kL
Re: Need To Review...

Originally posted by Silver-Y2K-SVT
2KL:

Cutting on the airbox violates the spirit, if not the letter, of "bone stock". Adjusting something that is adjustable, like the boost actuator, is completely legal.

Keep this in mind.
where do we stand on the issue of drag radials....i am thinking of trying them out...can you submitt that to the comittee?

Old 09-20-2001 | 03:35 PM
Nope!

2KL:

Ixnay on the drag radials. Bone-stock means exactly that - "as it left the factory". The "adjustment" thing is a technicality, but as I see it, you should be able to tweak parts that are INTENDED for adjustment as a way to compensate for an assembly-line worker who was having a bad day.

Note that this means full-weight, with no stripping of spare tires or trailer hitches allowed.

I believe that the spirit of the law allows for fitment of non-OEM parts that are comparable in size, function, and appearance, to the OEM part. So of course, you could change your oil to Mobil One. You can fold the mirrors in and adjust tire pressures. You can run with just a pint in the gas tank. And i'm willing to concede that you can run a different tire fitment, as long as it is the same size as the OEM F1, or at least close.

You certainly have a fast one. Also consider youself fortunate to have visited the track (a low-altitude one, at that) at a time when the atmospheric conditions were damn near perfect. Perhaps you can drive a little bit, too. I hope to approach or better the times you ran sometime this fall. I'll let you know how it goes...

Old 09-20-2001 | 03:48 PM
2kL
Silver-Y2K-SVT

Good luck...

Old 09-20-2001 | 04:42 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Talking clarification please

Since the trailer hitch was an option in 99, is removal of said object a committee item also?

Old 09-20-2001 | 06:39 PM
DAMNITT!!!!! Another mod I have to spend money on!

Old 09-20-2001 | 09:49 PM
|
2kl, I've had a lot of offers to "consign" my product for testing. So far, Sal has the only set that I have sent for evaluation and critiqueing.

I would like to have my Truck-Traks tested on a powerful truck, at a good track. Out here you either get a decent track (LACR) that doesn't have any air, or a lousy track with great air (Carlsbad).

If you would like to discuss this, I would be open some guarantees. You should probably email me, so as to not fill up the bandwidth there.

Last edited by Jay Lincoln; 09-20-2001 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2001 | 10:10 PM
Jay,

Ever consider running in Bakersfield?

Kind of a long drive, but I hear the track is half-way decent.

I've only run at LACR, and not with my L. (Only had it for 3 weeks But I can say that the car I ran (Vortech blown TBird) ran way, way slower than it does on the street in ventura.

But Im sure anyone who's run there knows that.

-Dale

FYI- I will be buying a set of those, as well as a friend of mine. Excellent product.

Old 09-21-2001 | 02:12 AM
|
I ran there around the last week in June. The temp was 106+ during the day. That made the track very greasy. It was so slippery, that my truck would spin the tires about 10' in 2nd gear.

It won't even do that on the street. I ran 13.83 at 10:00 PM at night. It was still 86 degrees.

I understand from alphadoggy, the time to run at Famosa is in the fall, when the at is cool.

Old 09-21-2001 | 01:07 PM
Are these adjustments legal under the 'Bone Stock' rules ?:
1. Drag race alignment - Vehicle aligned with front end lifted about 3". For better wieght transfer.
2. "Loose" fitting sway bar end links.
3. Sleaved sway bar bushings.
4. 90/10 front shocks. If you can find them?
5. 6 cyl front springs.
6. (Most Important) Buy 10 L's to find the strongest one.
7. Adjust Air Fuel ratio.....For better economy.
??

Last edited by Redneck Ferrari; 09-21-2001 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2001 | 01:19 PM
Bend The Rules Until They Beg For Mercy

'Ferrari:

1) Huh?
2) Maybe, if still connected. No removal allowed.
3) No.
4) No.
5) No.
6) Definitely. Better yet, take your G-Tech to the dealership for a "test-drive session". I'm amazed that nobody has attempted this.
7) No, you sneaky bastard.

Also, I have reported you to the sanctioning body. No soup for you.

Check the signature for two examples of "legal" modifications.

Old 09-21-2001 | 03:21 PM
off topic, but going fast with stock parts

Back in the old 5.0 days we took our stock aluminum 55mm MAF and opened it up with a cartridge roll. It wasn't really for the increase in diameter, which was only 2-4mm, but for leaning the car out a bit. That mod was good for a solid tenth at the track.

Another thing about stock parts. The SCCA has a show room stock class, but there is an update/back-date rule. If the parts were available for the same body style, they could be considered stock. I've heard of people running Mustang SVO 7.5" rear ends instead of the stock 8.8" rears, just to run the factory 3.73 gears in the SVO.

Who really cares about going faster in stock condition? Unless you are running a factory stock racing class, it doesn't really matter. Drag racing is about going fast and having fun........if you're not doing either you're doing something wrong.

Quick Reply: Truck-Traks production version